Concord open beta milestones

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Quite Surprised to see Teo as the most popular character but then in some ways it makes given everything around this game.

Jabali being up there also a surprise

Seemed the multiplayer did fairly okay on PS5 actually

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Whenever I see metrics like this I instantly think they're using them to cover bad sales/player numbers. It's what xbox likes to do.
Just a Beta results lol. They also sent me an email like 5 days ago with my personal stats from the Beta.

It's just them trying to keep the community engaged.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Oh look the two white dudes and the black dude are the most played

Almost like nobody wants to play as Lizzo in a shooter
Nonsense! These players were just easier to use because of how fast they were compared to the bigger characters in the TDM modes.

I saw a lot of people using Saw, Emari and Tanks in the objective based modes where they were more useful.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Roka the goat, can’t wait to put up some more crazy scores with her. Also don’t sleep on Kyps, if they buff her damage she’ll be top tier.

• fire

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just a Beta results lol. They also sent me an email like 5 days ago with my personal stats from the Beta.

It's just them trying to keep the community engaged.
i got that email two, my deaths were higher than my kills FFS

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• thisistheway

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Is Total Eliminations = kills?

Destiny Crucible Beta had 350 million kills but it was 6.5 million players.

Taking useless proportions that means around 200k players but Destiny is 6x6 while here is 5x5 so it should be a bit less kills per player on average…

Edit - Just forget it… the players should be over 200k to have 12.5 million kills.
Destiny Beta was 11 days.
Concord Beta was 7 days combining close + open beta.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Is Total Eliminations = kills?

Destiny Crucible Beta had 350 million kills but it was 6.5 million players.

Taking useless proportions that means around 200k players but Destiny is 6x6 while here is 5x5 so it should be a bit less kills per player on average…

Edit - Just forget it… the players should be over 200k to have 12.5 million kills.
Destiny Beta was 11 days.
Concord Beta was 7 days combining close + open beta.
This stats is only for the Open Beta

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i'm extremely concerned about the future of this studio, how are they going to keep devs in the studio if the game is not selling? will Sony have the patience to let them keep updating the game even with no players/sales? will they move to a new IP? will they just get shut down after Concord to cut losses? buying Firewalk and Haven were HUGE mistakes from Hermen Hulst and Jim Ryan's leadership... they really looked at two extremely generic games like Concord and FairGame$ and thought it was on pair with PlayStation Studios? it's concerning to say the least

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Ayyy LMAO they are doing the same shit that we made fun of when Xbox does it. The double standards on this forum will sweep it under the rug as usual, what does useless metrics like steps/miles walked inform about

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Ayyy LMAO they are doing the same shit that we made fun of when Xbox does it. The double standards on this forum will sweep it under the rug as usual, what does useless metrics like steps/miles walked inform about
See this is the funny thing watching you guys talk out your ass.

Every single stat mentioned by them is actually related to the game.

Miles traveled actually makes sense since you have to run a certain amount in matches to complete some of the daily jobs which gives you a payout lol.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
See this is the funny thing watching you guys talk out your ass.

Every single stat mentioned by them is actually related to the game.

Miles traveled actually makes sense since you have to run a certain amount in matches to complete some of the daily jobs which gives you a payout lol.
It maybe related to their progression system but it still is a useless metric, there is no info about no of players, no of matches played, which modes were played most, avg hrs played per player. Instead we get useless info about jabali healing and grenade damage, heck they didn't even give numbers on how many times the top 5 gunners were picked. Its like they want to obfuscate any info that may give an insight into player numbers

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It maybe related to their progression system but it still is a useless metric, there is no info about no of players, no of matches played, which modes were played most, avg hrs played per player. Instead we get useless info about jabali healing and grenade damage, heck they didn't even give numbers on how many times the top 5 gunners were picked. Its like they want to obfuscate any info that may give an insight into player numbers
Obviously they aren't gonna give out player number lol.

They aren't gonna release which modes were the most played since we didn't get to choose what modes we played, the playlists would simply rotate and pick whatever mode within that specific playlist. Hence they gave out stats for the two most played modes lol.

And again based on how the game is, it would be silly to state how many times the characters were picked since at times I didn't even get the character I wanted, other times you pick random characters to get their crew bonuses or you simply can't use your fave character because you won a round in a select mode...

They sent out more detailed stats to everyone who played the beta few days ago... However from the figures we've seen, it's clear the beta was not a flop on PS5.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
i'm extremely concerned about the future of this studio, how are they going to keep devs in the studio if the game is not selling? will Sony have the patience to let them keep updating the game even with no players/sales? will they move to a new IP? will they just get shut down after Concord to cut losses? buying Firewalk and Haven were HUGE mistakes from Hermen Hulst and Jim Ryan's leadership... they really looked at two extremely generic games like Concord and FairGame$ and thought it was on pair with PlayStation Studios? it's concerning to say the least
Doubt it. The game is $40 with no battlepass to monetize or even an item shop.

I’m just question why they went with this model. $40 for a pvp hero shooter that doesn’t nothing really new then what you can get for apex, valorant, marvel rival or overwatch for free + no battlepass or item shop to monetize which just strays far from the norm I’d say “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”

Concord should’ve had a F2P option where players can play for free & unlock the heroes through gameplay like any other game that’s F2P or even premium games. Make the barrier the lowest & players that like the game can buy a battlepass or cosmetic from the item shop to further recoup

The problem with Concord is for $40 I don’t think many people are biting the hook so the future of Concord is spooky. And if no one is buying the game at $40 how do you recoup or monetize? Going F2P later on will be too late & a slap in the face on the people who bought the game. I can see grifters like grumz rage baiting Concord if it goes F2P saying no one bought the game & that not even if it’s F2P people won’t touch Concord. Idk why Firewalk/Sony roll out concord like this.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
I'm surprised Roka isn't top 3. Still, top 5 is good.
All of the streams/YT pre-recorded videos I saw, there was always Roka on the team.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Doubt it. The game is $40 with no battlepass to monetize or even an item shop.

I’m just question why they went with this model. $40 for a pvp hero shooter that doesn’t nothing really new then what you can get for apex, valorant, marvel rival or overwatch for free + no battlepass or item shop to monetize which just strays far from the norm I’d say “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”

Concord should’ve had a F2P option where players can play for free & unlock the heroes through gameplay like any other game that’s F2P or even premium games. Make the barrier the lowest & players that like the game can buy a battlepass or cosmetic from the item shop to further recoup

The problem with Concord is for $40 I don’t think many people are biting the hook so the future of Concord is spooky. And if no one is buying the game at $40 how do you recoup or monetize? Going F2P later on will be too late & a slap in the face on the people who bought the game. I can see grifters like grumz rage baiting Concord if it goes F2P saying no one bought the game & that not even if it’s F2P people won’t touch Concord. Idk why Firewalk/Sony roll out concord like this.
It's $40... Lastly Sony has always been about the premium experience. Y'all are just beating a dead horse at this stage with the F2P crap. Why would they buy a studio to then have them release a F2P game?

The last time they did a F2P multiplayer was with Uncharted 3 and it took them almost 2 years to make it free.

This game might eventually get there, but they didn't spend money for a studio to release their game for free.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
I’m just question why they went with this model

F2P => No PS+ required to play on console. Also, they can put it on PS+ Essential/Extra down the road as long as it still has a price tag, before turning it to a F2P (or pulling the plug).

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Seems to me like the demo did ok numbers on PS5 (Where they get %100 of everything by the way).

People really need to stop talking about paid multi-player games in F2P terms.

Things like Helldivers going down to <10000 ccu numbers are meaningless because every single helldiver player paid $40 at minimum to play the game. This isn't like Fortnite where the entire economy is based on battle passes and skins and thus Epic needs to keep CCUs high to maximize in-game purchases.

(Also CCU figures are entirely based on Steam alone, there's still a PS5 audience of indeterminate size that is not being captured in these discussions).