Concord open beta milestones

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Not surprised Teo is the most popular. He's the most good-looking character and the target audience for these games. Black women are good for "representation" but they ain't playing this.

I always chose Teo when I could 😁

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Doubt it. The game is $40 with no battlepass to monetize or even an item shop.

I’m just question why they went with this model. $40 for a pvp hero shooter that doesn’t nothing really new then what you can get for apex, valorant, marvel rival or overwatch for free + no battlepass or item shop to monetize which just strays far from the norm I’d say “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”

Concord should’ve had a F2P option where players can play for free & unlock the heroes through gameplay like any other game that’s F2P or even premium games. Make the barrier the lowest & players that like the game can buy a battlepass or cosmetic from the item shop to further recoup

The problem with Concord is for $40 I don’t think many people are biting the hook so the future of Concord is spooky. And if no one is buying the game at $40 how do you recoup or monetize? Going F2P later on will be too late & a slap in the face on the people who bought the game. I can see grifters like grumz rage baiting Concord if it goes F2P saying no one bought the game & that not even if it’s F2P people won’t touch Concord. Idk why Firewalk/Sony roll out concord like this.
IMO.

F2P model is bad.
I know people like it but it is anti-consumer.... it says it is free but try at all cost to make the players use money and in most cases it is more than a full game price... if you take the whales then it is several times the cost of a full game.

F2P is only beneficial to publishers / developers.

That is why I prefer to pay upfront the game price and not having these F2P "features" like battle pass, Pay2Win, etc etc.
I prefer to pay for an expansion every year than follow the F2P model.

BTW the game will have cosmetic MTX... so it will have a item shop I guess.

Reactions: Danja

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Nonsense! These players were just easier to use because of how fast they were compared to the bigger characters in the TDM modes.

I saw a lot of people using Saw, Emari and Tanks in the objective based modes where they were more useful.
Haymar is slow af and not fast at all.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Doubt it. The game is $40 with no battlepass to monetize or even an item shop.

I’m just question why they went with this model. $40 for a pvp hero shooter that doesn’t nothing really new then what you can get for apex, valorant, marvel rival or overwatch for free + no battlepass or item shop to monetize which just strays far from the norm I’d say “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”

Concord should’ve had a F2P option where players can play for free & unlock the heroes through gameplay like any other game that’s F2P or even premium games. Make the barrier the lowest & players that like the game can buy a battlepass or cosmetic from the item shop to further recoup

The problem with Concord is for $40 I don’t think many people are biting the hook so the future of Concord is spooky. And if no one is buying the game at $40 how do you recoup or monetize? Going F2P later on will be too late & a slap in the face on the people who bought the game. I can see grifters like grumz rage baiting Concord if it goes F2P saying no one bought the game & that not even if it’s F2P people won’t touch Concord. Idk why Firewalk/Sony roll out concord like this.
None of Sony's live service games will be ftp, their intent is to push and maintain PS Plus subs.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Neither of my top used characters made the top 5. Lark all day baby. IT-Z next. Starchild 3rd.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Haymar is slow af and not fast at all.
She's not slow though? You just have to know her weapon fires one shot at a time lol. It's up to you to make sure you don't miss, because that one shot will do massive damage, plus her abilities is also extremely powerful... And she has the abilities to hover / glide which gives her an advantage at times.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not surprised Teo is the most popular. He's the most good-looking character and the target audience for these games. Black women are good for "representation" but they ain't playing this.

I always chose Teo when I could 😁
Wouldn't go that far to see they are only for representation in this game.

One was a sniper, so of course only a small number will use that, as sniping isn't everyone's play-style, the other uses daggers... I personally did not like that character because she annoyed me in every single match 🤣.

But I did see the Dagger girl in almost every match as well, I wouldn't be surprised if she was in the top 10.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If that is the case then more like at least 400-500k players where in the Open Beta.
But of course it is just blind guesses.
Would explain the rapid match making no matter what time of day or night I played.

Reactions: ethomaz

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
None of Sony's live service games will be ftp, their intent is to push and maintain PS Plus subs.
Well then they can expect many more disastrous bombs. Knock out city was a great game but it was a $20 pvp focus game that stood no chance because the barrier is to high when there’s many other pvp games that are F2P.

The only games that Sony can charge $40 will be PVE games. A game like TLOU online that from the leaks was a battle royal would’ve been doa at $40 no matter how amazing the gameplay is. Twisted Metal live service would’ve been doa at any premium price. If it’s pvp it has to be attach to a game like uncharted 4 or F2P if it’s pve it can be premium or F2P. Marathon will likely be F2P but because it’s bungie they could get a pass & charge for what is a pvp w pve element hybrid game. The incubation project gummy bear that’s a moba will have to be F2P to see any success aswell as releasing it on mobile device (ios/android) if that moba has any premium price that game no matter how good is dead.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
F2P => No PS+ required to play on console. Also, they can put it on PS+ Essential/Extra down the road as long as it still has a price tag, before turning it to a F2P (or pulling the plug).
Concord has no value if it’s doa day 1 & seen as a dead game or cringe by the mass. If anything PS adding concord to PS+ waste a potential better game for that month for a game that’s dead & nobody wants

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Obviously they aren't gonna give out player number lol.
Yup because they weren't high enough. Otherwise this would be THE metric to gauge its success.

They're embarrased at their own fucking product. Its laughable.
These showed numbers are meaningless without a playercount. Stop shilling.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yup because they weren't high enough. Otherwise this would be THE metric to gauge its success.

They're embarrased at their own fucking product. Its laughable.
These showed numbers are meaningless without a playercount. Stop shilling.
PlayStation giving out numbers for their games?? Since when? Y'all be saying shit just for the sake of it.

I ain't shilling I enjoyed the game and I don't give a fuck what you or anyone wanna think about that!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko