Concord’s second free weekend on PS5 sees 8% player drop.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It's not useless because on the first beta weekend only people who got invites could play. People who pre-ordered the game would get an invite plus 4 others to give to friends.

On the second beta weekend it was free for anyone with a PSN account.

On Steam, the number of people playing doubled from ~1000 to ~2000 on the second weekend. It's quite jarring that these numbers actually went 8% down on the same conditions for Playstation users.

Skill Up says these results probably mean the game is DoA as it is, and it should be postponed after a revamp with a new marketing push down the line.
I tend to agree.

Definitely.

Delay the game to make it more appealing to all masses.

Also F2P will help.

Honestly I doubt either will happen.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's not useless because on the first beta weekend only people who got invites could play. People who pre-ordered the game would get an invite plus 4 others to give to friends.

On Steam, the number of people playing doubled from ~1000 to ~2000 on the second weekend. It's quite jarring that these numbers actually went 8% down on the same conditions for Playstation users.

Skill Up says these results probably mean the game is DoA as it is, and it should be postponed after a revamp with a new marketing push down the line.
I tend to agree.

Everybody with PS+ could play the first week of the Beta… that means in a site of hardcore trophy players is close to everybody… all 3.1m have access to the beta in both week.

That is why they data and claim are useless.

It could means…

- Some people played the first week and didn’t bother with the second week for whatever reason.
- Some people didn’t play both weeks… some week 1 and others week 2.

So the 8% drop means nothing at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eggman and Kokoloko
24 Jun 2022
8% drop means that people that disliked it at the point of not playing the 2nd week was really a small part from that sample... that goes against the narrative that everybody is hating the Beta lol

This part is particularly important, but the 8% is relative. We don't know what the 8% drop is from, which you basically also say in your response. Hence why the polling doesn't really mean anything.

It could be an 8% drop from 100K or 8% drop from 10K; there's just no way of really knowing. And also as you said, the concurrents from one weekend to the other could be comprised of mostly unique (non-repeating) players across them both, which would be a wider reflection that concurrent numbers aren't the total best parameter to judge a game's online health by.

At best they tell you that at any given time, you can expect X number of people playing that game online, but the total player base in the course of a week could be 15x, 20x the concurrents or even larger even just talking of unique players).

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There are no reliable PlayStation charts for engagement other than the top 10 in your country on the OS or app. Everything else is bs. Personally, I would ban such reporting. Circana employs similar incomplete and flawed methods.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
3 million people played the beta on PS5 alone? That's interesting. Don't know how that will translate to sales but 3 million playing on console for this beta is a lot.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
3 million people played the beta on PS5 alone? That's interesting. Don't know how that will translate to sales but 3 million playing on console for this beta is a lot.

No, as by mentioned someone else earlier… They’re reporting data sampled from 3.1 million users and see what percentage tried Concord. And then extrapolate some potential global guess of exposure/engagement. At the end of the day there will be a sample bias.

• Informative
Reactions: Say1nMan

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

I tend to agree.

To revamp concord you would have to ditch the concord name/branding.

Do a rework to the heroes aka make them much much more esthetically pleasing/cool ditch pronouns

Do a rework to the story & ditch the weekly cgi trailers

Do a rework to gameplay/game balance. Increasing movement & lessening TTK.

Make a core mode that distinguishes Concord. Or copy paste overwatch main mode that seems to be working out for Marvel rivals. Either copy 2cp or push payload which I think would work better then the COD style deathmatch mode tbh.

Make the game free with cosmetic item shop & battlepass founding free content

All of this would take 1-2 years & it will likely still be DOA. It’s just better to just take the hit support the game for 6 month & move on to an established ip. Fundamentally Concord as a game feels good as a FPS to play & the art style & game performance on PS is really well optimized maybe give them the Killzone ip & make a spin off that’s grounded, dark & mature both make a singleplayer & multiplayer live service for this new Killzone. Because green lighting a new ip from Firewalk after this disaster would not be smart & take 5-7 years.

Or I seen the idea of Firewalk working on TLOU online which wouldn’t be that bad of idea. Maybe go to Bandai namco to use one of there support studio to help creating content & release TLOU online with season 2/3 of TLOU show

Reactions: Puff

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wonder…

If their call is fake.
I tried to get Concord Beta via PSN API but it doesn’t return in the recent played games.

So I question how they are checking these 3.1m profiles they had to see if they played Concord Beta.

Edit - I just create an account liked to my PSN and it can’t show that I played the beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Misleading garbage as usual. Everyone with PS+ could play the game the first week which are the people that play multiplayer games like Concord.

8% is not even a large drop, it's actually very small.

And this site polls 2% of the 120 million active PSN users. The purposely give no numbers to be as vague as possible.

I was getting matches immediately on PS5

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I'm more interested in the breakdowns of countries. Which regions were the most active in the world

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
And this site polls 2% of the 120 million active PSN users. The purposely give no numbers to be as vague as possible.

A sample size of 3 million on a population of 120 million is almost 200 times more than enough to give a 1% margin of error with 99% confidence level.

1000058434.jpg

TLDR: yes, the 8% are very accurate.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
A sample size of 3 million on a population of 120 million is almost 200 times more than enough to give a 1% margin of error with 99% confidence level.

View attachment 5396

TLDR: yes, the 8% are very accurate.
When you use a diverse and random methodology for that sample size....
Focused sample size like people that are hardcore enough to sign up in their sites are not useful at all.

It is like using PSNProfiles data to extrapolate... people already tried and it doesn't work.
And PSNProfiles has way more than just 3 millions accounts.

In political terms it is like go in a Democrat or Republican party and ask people there who they will vote 🤷‍♂️
That is called sample bias.

Edit - I found the API that calls the last played games.

BTW I won't in discussion about the numbers anymore that are probably fake because you can't get the date from who played Concord Beta via PSN API from what I saw.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Why do people want this to flop so badly?
Because this type if games sucks, and more of it will cone if it succeeds. You can call people insecure if you want.
I am insecure asshole. I hate this type of games. You have a problem with that?

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Because this type if games sucks, and more of it will cone if it succeeds. You can call people insecure if you want.
I am insecure asshole. I hate this type of games. You have a problem with that?
You hate what type of game? F2P, competitive shooters?