Connie Booth joins EA as group general manager - Via Zubytech & Shinobi602

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don't see the point in including single player games greenlighted prior to the European Coup that happened Under Jim Ryan since those were set in motion under a previous team with Connie already being involved. They absolutely put the GaaS initiative onto her. It's pretty obvious to tell when someone is fired or forced out from PlayStation lol.

Amy Hennig
Shawn Layden
Connie

No positive PR or public statement from the departing party

Jim Ryan getting stealth fired however is different for optics
European or not, greenlighted in that period or not, SP or GaaS, the production of all SIE internal games that were under production from October 2020 until November 2023 were under responsability of the head of internal production (Connie Booth).

So yes, Connie Booth probably was fired as consequence of the production of several games going so wrong to the point of having to shut down them and even in some cases shut down their studios.

Shawn Layden left pretty likely butthurted because didn't get the promotion he may be chasing to get the role that Jim or Hermen got. There was no coup: Sony corporate heads did choose the best candidates they had for each position, the most successful ones in their areas. Same as they'll do in April to replace Jim. The new CEO may also replace some close people working for him/her, which could include Hermen.

I have no idea about Amy. As a fun fact, I met her once because she gave a conference in my city. But obviously I didn't ask about this because it's too personal.

Jimbo we know that he obviously retired and wasn't fired, first because he was super succesful in his role, more than any CEO of a console maker ever has been, and second because he wouldn't have continued on his job position during over half a year if fired.

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
OK so is this one random long-time former employee being so important to the discourse.

Did she happen to hold like the sceret SIE intelligent full reacted infos or did she singlehandedly operate the division to the point of unreplaceable?