Console wars gone too far.

Thatgenericeric

Advocate of quality
Icon Extra
6 Mar 2024
Hi,

So I didn't want my first post on this forum to be something like this, but it seems this forum is pretty interconnected with the ongoings on Twitter/X. With that being said, I'm sure some of you know who I am.

Anyways, this post isn't about me. I get tagged in a lot of random stuff on Twitter and this was brought to my attention.

It's pretty disgusting. All this because someone got themselves a PS5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421_015657_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_015657_X.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20240421_015715_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_015715_X.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20240421_015618_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_015618_X.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20240421_015607_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_015607_X.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 108

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
People can be mean, sad bastards sometimes.

I will say this though, as much as that tweet is disgusting, there must have been a lot more things going on in the guy's life for him to end it, it just cant be about a PlayStation and an xbox.

Also, if the guy who killed himself was saying that he was extremely depressed and was thinking about killing himself, and that guy then started leaving comments like choke yourself out, etc, knowing fully well that the guy was in such a terrible state, then yes, I think he does bear some sort of responsibility.

There was a case about a year ago? with a girl that kept of telling her boyfriend to kill himself, i believe he did and she went to prison for it, but, that was a prolonged period of her gaslighting him to do it, many many messages, many conversations of breaking him down with seemingly only one way out.

What an evil bitch she was.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com

I will say this though, as much as that tweet is disgusting, there must have been a lot more things going on in the guy's life for him to end it, it just cant be about a PlayStation and an xbox.

Also, if the guy who killed himself was saying that he was extremely depressed and was thinking about killing himself, and that guy then started leaving comments like choke yourself out, etc, knowing fully well that the guy was in such a terrible state, then yes, I think he does bear some sort of responsibility.

There was a case about a year ago? with a girl that kept of telling her boyfriend to kill himself, i believe he did and she went to prison for it, but, that was a prolonged period of her gaslighting him to do it, many many messages, many conversations of breaking him down with seemingly only one way out.

This is very sad.

I don't think we actually understand how much weight our words can have on people, the things we say every day.

I got into so many arguments over the years and shit talks but I never understood the need to tell someone to off themselves. It has got to be some of the weakest, least creative insults you can say to anyone, so pathetic.

Reactions: Sircaw

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Console wars were amazing. We all gained from it.
Edgy attitude
Better 360 and ps3 exclusives = higher quality games arms race
more games
better prices.

but this is fucked

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

That girl got convicted too didn't she?

• Shake

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Wow, I always knew that Boss Shawn prick was a lunatic, but didn’t think he was this bad. My condolences to the guys family.

Reactions: Thatgenericeric

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Hi,

So I didn't want my first post on this forum to be something like this, but it seems this forum is pretty interconnected with the ongoings on Twitter/X. With that being said, I'm sure some of you know who I am.

Anyways, this post isn't about me. I get tagged in a lot of random stuff on Twitter and this was brought to my attention.

It's pretty disgusting. All this because someone got themselves a PS5.
Imagine fighting over Twitter.

Couldnt be me

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
This is just too sad, what was the need?

They are someone's family. Do people stop to think of the reality of the situation at all?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Some people are very retarted in social media and people should chill regarding console wars specially now that they are mostly over.

Regarding the guy commiting suicide, I think it's pretty bad news but I assume it had nothing to do with consoles since they are only a hobby. Pretty likely had more to do with his personal life (family, friends, job, personal finances, lifestyle, girlfriend...) and related mental health (which in some cases also has biological causes).

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

In Canada we call that behaviour "right to die" and there are more people talking about the right to end one's life as opposed to suicide support in the current media scape.

This is where we are.

Different problems, but it seems the support structures for those who need help and should be helped are falling a part due to changing "priorities" and mentalities about what is a right.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
None of this makes any sense to me, how about providing some context or a summary?