Ctrl+Alt+Deceive: All The Dirt, Info, Lies, and LOLs We Found During FTC vs. Microsoft

MiyazakiLovesKojima

This.

It was the judge's moral responsibility to recuse herself. If she wasn't stepping aside, it was for a reason. It also meant she wanted to put ethics to the side and do what she wanted to do (rule in favor of Microsoft).

Her mind was already made up. FTC accusing her wouldn't have done them any good anyway.
That Judge is such an annoying person.

I hated her disrespect towards Sony & their customer base.

Judges with a double digit IQ when it comes to market competitiveness.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This.

It was the judge's moral responsibility to recuse herself. If she wasn't stepping aside, it was for a reason. It also meant she wanted to put ethics to the side and do what she wanted to do (rule in favor of Microsoft).

Her mind was already made up. FTC accusing her wouldn't have done them any good anyway.
She really ought to be impeached and arrested.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole FTC trial was rigged to be "lost in court" from the beginning.

Did we forget that Xbox/Microsoft is an American company?

Why would the American Government/People sabotage their own economic growth?

To appease to Sony fans? 😂

Did you think it was a coincidence that the UK was the only one who pushed back because they are a sovereign land that doesn't have a conflict of interest with the situation?

The UK doesn't get affected economically by the deal, but the US economy sure does.

Bold of you to assume the US economy will be influenced by this deal, let alone positively.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Bold of you to assume the US economy will be influenced by this deal, let alone positively.
I think I get what they were trying to say basically Sony is a Japanese company even though playstation is based in California obviously the Americans would want the corporation's from America to be dominant in everything so they hate that Japan is the king of gaming (atleast in the console space)

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Did MS applied their takeover tactics to ChatGPT (OpenAI)?
They invested in ChatGPT early on (after Google dropped out, but I may be wrong)...

Anyway, it used to be open source, but that changed in some way after the breakthrough of last year.

Don't get upset, the details are not that clear in my head right now.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
They invested in ChatGPT early on (after Google dropped out, but I may be wrong)...

Anyway, it used to be open source, but that changed in some way after the breakthrough of last year.

Don't get upset, the details are not that clear in my head right now.
It’s weird watching the OpenAI collapse on the verge of its massive success.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
That guy was like a MS plant. He gave full exclusivity to Microsoft for OpenAI.

Basically MS owns OpenAI.
They invested a lot of money and got no vote or power on the board of directors. The whole thing is very confusing. MS wants Sam back. I can see MS taking over After what happened.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They invested a lot of money and got no vote or power on the board of directors. The whole thing is very confusing. MS wants Sam back. I can see MS taking over After what happened.
Yes they will take over. It was all organized no matter what they say.

MS want to own and control that technology. Nobody will stop them as usual.

I can see him come back, the board will leave and Microsoft will take over with him as the CEO. The book is already written. He's their Ybarra.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
OpenAI board misses deadline to resign

The board missed a crucial 5 PM PT deadline, leading to the potential resignation of numerous OpenAI employees. Should Altman opt to depart and establish a new venture, it is anticipated that these employees would likely follow suit, the Verge report added.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has communicated with Altman, assuring him of support in his future endeavors. Sources familiar with the situation disclosed to Bloomberg that Nadella was caught off guard by the board’s decision.

The OpenAI board has faced significant backlash following the abrupt removal of Altman, surprising both investors and Altman himself. Notably, several individuals, including co-founder Greg Brockman, have left the company in protest. Sources suggest further resignations might follow suit, the report added.

If Altman does make a return, there’s speculation that he might seek alterations in the company's governance. Conversely, in the event of his non-return, Altman has been contemplating the launch of a new venture, potentially involving former OpenAI staff, Bloomberg's sources added.

What happened?​

Mira Murati, who previously worked behind the scenes at ChatGPT-maker OpenAI as chief technology officer (CTO), has been appointed as the company's interim CEO with immediate effect as the company seeks a permanent replacement.

Murati's appointment comes after OpenAI in a recent statement announced the departure of co-founder and CEO, Sam Altman.

The company said an internal review highlighted Altman's lack of consistent transparency in communications with the board of directors. Consequently, the board lost confidence in his ability to lead OpenAI effectively.

Following the announcement, Altman expressed gratitude for his time at OpenAI, acknowledging its transformative impact on both himself and potentially the world. He hinted at more information about his future plans to come.

“I loved my time at OpenAI. it was transformative for me personally, and hopefully the world a little bit. Most of all I loved working with such talented people. will have more to say about what’s next later," Altman wrote on X.

They caught a rat; I'm actually impressed that a company's board actually was effective in their oversight capacity for once and handled potential malfeasance by their CEO promptly and decisively. Good on them. Definitely seems to have kicked the hornets' nest of the money men behind the scenes though.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Looks like Altman really was a Microsoft plant and that he was pushing for OpenAI to seek profit over keeping AI beneficial to humanity
That reminds me a lot of the Sam Bankman Freid (FTX I believe) story. A lot of talk about altruism and helping humanity, etc.

Both abused the trust put in them when they saw the $ sign.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Looks like Altman really was a Microsoft plant and that he was pushing for OpenAI to seek profit over keeping AI beneficial to humanity
Looks like MS failed to make him come back and take over the company. They won't go down that easy so they will probably back his new company and poach all the OpenAI employees. That company will be 100% MS-owned.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
View attachment 3077

Just start asking them the questions where they are, guys and girls..
They don't even need to buy the company.

Over 700 employees already said they want to sell themselves to Microsoft and Satya will buy them individually like cattle.

Sam, the OpenAi CEO, is all about Microsoft/Satya and he will do whatever is best for them. OpenAi is Microsoft.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
They don't even need to buy the company.

Over 700 employees already said they want to sell themselves to Microsoft and Satya will buy them individually like cattle.

Sam, the OpenAi CEO, is all about Microsoft/Satya and he will do whatever is best for them. OpenAi is Microsoft.

Microsoft needs to be broken up asap it's disgusting the shit they get away with