Cult of the Lamb | PlayStation, PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, Mac | August 11, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Cult of the Lamb is an upcoming rogue-like action-adventure game developed by indie developers Massive Monster and published by Devolver Digital. The game will be released on August 11, 2022, on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox S|X, Nintendo Switch, Windows, and Mac.

Start your own cult in a land of false prophets, venturing out into diverse and mysterious regions to build a loyal community of woodland worshippers and spread your Word to become the one true cult.

BUILD YOUR FLOCK
Collect and use resources to build new structures, perform dark rituals to appease the gods, and give sermons to reinforce the faith of your flock.

DESTROY THE NON-BELIEVERS
Explore a sprawling, randomly generated world, fight off hordes of enemies and defeat rival cult leaders in order to absorb their power and assert your cult's dominance.

SPREAD YOUR WORD
Train your flock and embark on a quest to explore and discover the secrets of five mysterious regions. Cleanse the non-believers, spread enlightenment and perform mystical rituals on the journey to become the mighty lamb god.

People are sleeping on this game! It looks amazing, and I expect it to blow up soon after release with an 85+ Metacritic score. It gives me Hades and Binding of Isaac vibes.

Gameplay official reveal trailer

Explanation Part 1 -- Starting Your Cult

Explanation Part 2 -- Cultish Encounters

Explanation Part 3 -- Fight the Four

Previews

ACG: Cult of the Lamb May Be Something Special

Retromation: Incredible Action Roguelike

Purchase links:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Cult of the Lamb is an upcoming rogue-like action-adventure game developed by indie developers Massive Monster and published by Devolver Digital. The game will be released on August 11, 2022, on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox S|X, Nintendo Switch, Windows, and Mac.

Start your own cult in a land of false prophets, venturing out into diverse and mysterious regions to build a loyal community of woodland worshippers and spread your Word to become the one true cult.

BUILD YOUR FLOCK
Collect and use resources to build new structures, perform dark rituals to appease the gods, and give sermons to reinforce the faith of your flock.

DESTROY THE NON-BELIEVERS
Explore a sprawling, randomly generated world, fight off hordes of enemies and defeat rival cult leaders in order to absorb their power and assert your cult's dominance.

SPREAD YOUR WORD
Train your flock and embark on a quest to explore and discover the secrets of five mysterious regions. Cleanse the non-believers, spread enlightenment and perform mystical rituals on the journey to become the mighty lamb god.

People are sleeping on this game! It looks amazing, and I expect it to blow up soon after release with an 85+ Metacritic score. It gives me Hades and Binding of Isaac vibes.

Gameplay official reveal trailer

Explanation Part 1 -- Starting Your Cult

Explanation Part 2 -- Cultish Encounters

Explanation Part 3 -- Fight the Four

Previews

ACG: Cult of the Lamb May Be Something Special

Retromation: Incredible Action Roguelike

Purchase links:

Looks good to me, with some interesting concepts.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I hope the game really makes me feel like I'm a religious cult leader. ❤️
The house of @Heisenberg007 is now recruiting new followers.

Dance Flowers GIF by A24

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MUSIC?! THE GAME COMES OUT NEXT WEEK AND I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THIS.
holy shit this is something I've not heard before. Track 1 and 2 especially wow

OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MUSIC?! THE GAME COMES OUT NEXT WEEK AND I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THIS.
holy shit this is something I've not heard before. Track 1 and 2 especially wow

I strongly believe this game will blow up come next week. People will talk about this as they talk about Hades and Isaac.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Okay, so I have been playing Cult of the Lamb, and it is pretty good!

Enjoyable AF. Rogue-like does not really go with base management and resource simulation, but the devs took a chance and ended up making a fairly unique game.

Also, it's not really that difficult (playing at Medium settings) that rogue-like games are often guilty of. I've defeated the first of the four bosses, and I haven't died once yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.