Cultural appropriation, revision of history or just appreciation of the culture. What are your thoughts on Yasuke in the new Assassin's Creed.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Funny how the same people get angry when a white male voices a black character but think its okay to have a black man as a samurai in a a game set in japan?
?? except it was a real person

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Edward and Henry Schnell were actual white Samurai, why not make a game of them? Why do woke liberals seem to have a very targeted specific hatred of White men?

Funny how the same people get angry when a white male voices a black character but think its okay to have a black man as a samurai in a a game set in japan?
Bro stop, you’re trying too hard to be a victim that you’ve now lost the plot entirely. There’s already a game about a white samurai.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
people saying everyone that doesn't like it are racist are ignorant , I loved assassin's creed origins playing as a black man in Egypt
It's not tht he's black for most ppl (ppl just want to make it tht or act like it is).

It doesn't matter one bit that we keep saying that there was nothing wrong with Aveline in Liberation nor Bayek in Origins. It doesn't matter for these people that we prove it has nothing to do with skin color in a vacuum but with the ideology represented by the race-swapping they made.

See, all they want is to imply that we're racist because they get browny points for that. If they so much as acknowledge that weliked playing as Bayek in Egypt then they lose those browny points.

So, all you need to do is bow down to The New Truth. which says:

- Yasuke was met with awe as he set foot on the island. From his spectacular shape and great deeds within the first week he spent in Japan, Oda Nobunaga went to him and befriended him for how intelligent, strong, stunning and brave Yasuke was.

- 2 days later Nobunaga made him Samurai on the spot and put him into his inner circle. He also gave him swords made by the best blacksmith in Japan and gave him his own palace. At this point Yasuke was basically royalty.

- Many tales were told and written about the Great African Samurai and all the Stunning and Brave Miracles he performed every day. At some point Oda Nobunaga just made Yasuke the informal regent for the whole country because Yasuke was so much better than everyone else at everything.

- A couple years later, Yasuke got a bit bored from all the improvements he made in Japan in all aspects of Math, Medicine, Industry, and Military Tech that he just went to the Portuguese Missionaries and ordered them to bring him back to Africa.

- And that's when Yasuke founded Wakanda.

And that's all true because a TikToker said so and it's all on wikipedia since last friday. And I'm not going to write here you're all racists if you disagree, because I can't really write that since the mods are meanies, but if you do I'll be writing 5 posts/hour implying that you are.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Yeah your argument only takes issue with historical accuracy and definitely has nothing to do with racism 🤡

I knew gamers were trashy scum but they just get worse and worse every year
I would love a heat map for those types of gamers. I (as do probably most Americans) expect the flyover states to be red as fuck (it's "heritage" for some of them after all). I'm curious about other countries and their states, cities and towns.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So, all you need to do is bow down to The New Truth. which says:

- Yasuke was met with awe as he set foot on the island. From his spectacular shape and great deeds within the first week he spent in Japan, Oda Nobunaga went to him and befriended him for how intelligent, strong, stunning and brave Yasuke was.

- 2 days later Nobunaga made him Samurai on the spot and put him into his inner circle. He also gave him swords made by the best blacksmith in Japan and gave him his own palace. At this point Yasuke was basically royalty.

- Many tales were told and written about the Great African Samurai and all the Stunning and Brave Miracles he performed every day. At some point Oda Nobunaga just made Yasuke the informal regent for the whole country because Yasuke was so much better than everyone else at everything.

- A couple years later, Yasuke got a bit bored from all the improvements he made in Japan in all aspects of Math, Medicine, Industry, and Military Tech that he just went to the Portuguese Missionaries and ordered them to bring him back to Africa.

- And that's when Yasuke founded Wakanda.

This is a spectacular strawman, I have to admit. It's fantastic how you managed to dodge EVERY SINGLE ARGUMENT presented by trying to misrepresent it.

And that's all true because a TikToker said so and it's all on wikipedia since last friday.

What is actually comic is that you purposefully ignored my quote of a random 2014 edit of the english wikipedia page (you literally skipped it) because it didn't fit your argument, and then replied to my quote of a 2009 edit of the japanese page because the source was not to your liking, when in reality I shared it just to prove that the mention of him being a Samurai was there.

Since you're a fan of reading books you don't know the title of, and of cherry picking screenshots of wikipedia edits, you should look at some page from like, say, 2014?

This being the one you addressed and missed the fucking point
It's funny, however, that you seem to be very adamant that this BLACK RETAINER PET is some sort of very recent woke product of someone's imagination when this JAPANESE wikipedia page from 2009 already describes him as a Samurai.

You throughout this conversation:

Sad Pepe The Frog GIF by shremps

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
That whole post is the biggest fucking dog whistle I've seen on this forum, and that's saying something.
It sucks. I have my issues with ResetEra's moderation and culture, but they are swift and consistent with dealing with straight forward bigots and dog whistling bigots. Unfortunately here and some other forums are cool with it. I guess in the end, it'll just be a bunch of bigoted gamers participating on these sites while everyone else leaves or just lurks.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I dont care tbh, Im not gonna buy the game anyway. I havent bought an AC game since Unity.

I can understand why some people are pissed off, whether they are Japanese or fans of Japanese Sengoku wars.
The game is set in Japan, in a historical period that is filled with many interesting characters and families, in a land filled with assassins, samurai and Shinobi lineages. They could of chose from hundreds of Japanese characters or minor characters to these families. But Ubisoft went for the different/shock factor.
Kind of like Nioh. You could choose from so many interesting characters, but they choose the white foreigner William.

Has a mainline AC game had a character from a different country of the country the game is set in? Altair, Etzio, Connor and so on?

Either way, if they make the combat interesting, and the world/NPC interaction different to the other AC games, I could try it. But I kind of hated the combat in Origins and going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
And I'm not going to write here you're all racists if you disagree, because I can't really write that since the mods are meanies, but if you do I'll be writing 5 posts/hour implying that you are.

Guess it wasn't 5 posts/hour. It was 5 posts in a bit under 2 hours. Some replying to themselves. others doing US defaultism and insulting whole states, wow.
Brownie points to y'all.

Apparently joking that Yasuke in the end decided to found Wakanda is getting the snowflakes super triggered for some reason.

As someone who actually suffered from racism through most of his childhood and teens, often being told "go back to sell carpets in your country", watching this virtue-signaling induced fake inflation of jokes to try and cancel other people shows how low the values of some people have hit.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Apparently joking that Yasuke in the end decided to found Wakanda is getting the snowflakes super triggered for some reason.
Terry Mcauliffe Virginia GIF by GIPHY News

As someone who actually suffered from racism through most of his childhood and teens, often being told "go back to sell carpets in your country", watching this virtue-signaling induced fake inflation of jokes to try and cancel other people shows how low the values of some people have hit.
Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man the amount of engagement a ubislop game is getting all over the internet for making another entry in their slop series over a MC, they knew what they were doing. Godspeed to those playing valhalla part 2 combat (y)

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Another idiotic asmon takes in this vid.

19:40 absolute nonsense. "the company is paywalling them(content) because they think this content has value". this is utter nonsense.
They are specifically making up some bs side quest or armor packs that are inconsequential. The base game is the whole story and world.
believe me. you are loosing NOTHING not getting more than base version.

Reactions: Exicide

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Another idiotic asmon takes in this vid.

19:40 absolute nonsense. "the company is paywalling them(content) because they think this content has value". this is utter nonsense.
They are specifically making up some bs side quest or armor packs that are inconsequential. The base game is the whole story and world.
believe me. you are loosing NOTHING not getting more than base version.
I dont know about idiotic take, for once if someone doesn't buy or spends less on a ubisoft game after watching his videos I take that as a win