Cultural appropriation, revision of history or just appreciation of the culture. What are your thoughts on Yasuke in the new Assassin's Creed.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
The worst part of this discourse is Ubisoft is gonna release more bloated trash with worse mechanics then games from 2017-2018 whilst everyone focuses on irrelevant shit

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke and Swolf712
15 May 2024
Nothing wrong with the games and developer can put any race , nationality or gender whatever they want, because it's just a fictional stories based on real life character .
The problem start when Ubisoft or Games media called The person was " A Samurai" in "Real life's " . Which is wrong based on historical data he is just a sword bearer or a retainer or a quire or even a Jesuit follower . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

I don't mind the idea's it's actually refreshing and new having a "Gaijin " Foreigner " as Assassins' main characters.

Ico

8 May 2024
oh hey, new game that will only have boring discourse and almost no talk about gameplay just dropped! i thought the gaming community would be in a chill mood after stellar blade released, but nah

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Imagine having problems with yosuke having he’s own game
Dude is straight up badass.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm glad we are all having respectful discourse in this. It's a valid debate as some ppl feel thy want the most accurate depiction of historical characters and others say "it's fiction let it be what it is" I'm neutral on this but I liked Yasuke character in Nioh games :)

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm glad we are all having respectful discourse in this. It's a valid debate as some ppl feel thy want the most accurate depiction of historical characters and others say "it's fiction let it be what it is" I'm neutral on this but I liked Yasuke character in Nioh games :)
accurate depiction, Yasuke wasn't a samurai, he was servant, clown, weapon bearer. nothing more.
also, interesting, how they use ''accurate depiction'' with black dude insert him, but how they ignore it with the female. only one ninja female was known in history - quess, if her name is Naoe?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Ico

8 May 2024
Some good japanese reaction here and in the comments as well, glad to see theyre not 100% agaisnt it

Reactions: Entropi
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
accurate depiction, Yasuke wasn't a samurai, he was servant, clown, weapon bearer. nothing more.
also, interesting, how they use ''accurate depiction'' with black dude insert him, but how they ignore it with the female. only one ninja female was known in history - quess, if her name is Naoe?
Your preaching to the choir, we know he wasn't a samurai. Thts the other half of the debate. Like I said others don't gaf they say it's fiction so let them change it as thy feel.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
playing William in Nioh was indeed lame, but I still enjoyed it. So I'd be a hypocrite to not understand where the eyerolls come from.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
The problem start when Ubisoft or Games media called The person was " A Samurai" in "Real life's " . Which is wrong based on historical data he is just a sword bearer or a retainer or a quire or even a Jesuit follower . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

Dude you do not want to use wikipedia as source of information for Yasuke right now.
Ubisoft and/or the woke crowd are working around the clock trying to rewrite History.

Last edited:

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I care more about the game and if it's gonna actually be fun or a bloated snorefest like Valhalla

Reactions: Ico

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Nothing wrong with the games and developer can put any race , nationality or gender whatever they want, because it's just a fictional stories based on real life character .

I don't mind the idea's it's actually refreshing and new having a "Gaijin " Foreigner " as Assassins' main characters.
That's actually very much the focus of scholarly discussion, but he was clearly more than just a low-level servant, and I'd argue he was more likely promoted to Samurai than not.

• Heart
Reactions: Dual Sense Master
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Dude you do not want to use wikipedia as source of information for Yasuke right now.
Ubisoft and/or the woke crowd are working around the clock trying to rewrite history.

Yeah there is a Wikipedia editing battle. These woke trolls are disgusting, seriously.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Ubisoft and/or the woke crowd are working around the clock trying to rewrite history.

Oh God yeah, Grummz was the first one I saw post that edit, and they've been trying to force it back in there ever since. I noticed that back when this first popped up.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That's actually very much the focus of scholarly discussion, but he was clearly more than just a low-level servant, and I'd argue he was more likely promoted to Samurai than not.
Nah thts reaching and no concrete evidence towards tht. It's like Vikings show having tons of female warriors and all these shield maidens lol because in one archeological escavation thy found one body who they couldn't even accurately tell whether they were male or female with a little sword and a shield buried with other warriors. Mind you they also stated that the body didn't have any bone damage, scarring, etc which would back up tht it was a warrior.

There is absolutely no evidence written or in person of him being bestowed samurai.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The worst part of this discourse is Ubisoft is gonna release more bloated trash with worse mechanics then games from 2017-2018 whilst everyone focuses on irrelevant shit
It's like every game now... The controversy is where discussion lies, not the game itself.

Reactions: Ico