Dead Island 2 sales top one million in first three days

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Dead-Island-2-Sales_04-24-23-1024x576.jpg

Total sales for Dead Island 2 surpassed one million units worldwide in the first three days of release, publisher Deep Silver and developer Dambuster Studios announced.

Deep Silver also shared the following Dead Island 2 gameplay statistics:
  • 11 million total hours played
  • 28 million total number of player deaths (over twice the population of Los Angeles)
  • 45 million zombies sliced in half
  • 756 million zombie limbs hacked off
  • 1.1 billion total number of zombies slayed

Reactions: Unchained
P

peter42O

Very good results for a game that was in development for about a decade. I bought it, played it for about 6 hours and dropped it, only because it was just so boring. Game itself though is good and I didn't have any technical issues. I am however a Dying Light 2 guy which I loved so that definitely impacted how I felt while playing Dead Island 2.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
AAA zombie games will always have an audience. Even though Sony likes to pretend days gone was a flop, it also sold well. I just need my modern Dead Rising!

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
"over twice the population of Los Angeles"

Talk about an understatement. Anyways, congratulations on your big stinky turd, Plaion, glad people seem to like it.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s almost in the top 10 on XBL. It just bumped Overwatch 2. It’s sitting at 11. I’m expecting it to push Destiny out of top 10 for a few days maybe as soon as tomorrow.

It’s anecdotal sorta (but not) but for a full retail priced game to make it into the top 10 on Xbox without gamespass makes this a successful launch. RE4 never charted this high for instance.

Considering Xbox gamers are notorious for not buying retail games it’s safe to say that the game’s success is bigger on PlayStation.

Can Redfall top it? Fair matchup for new product launches tbh. Will be interesting to compare.

Last edited:
  • Surprised

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It’s almost in the top 10 on XBL. It just bumped Overwatch 2. It’s sitting at 11. I’m expecting it to push Destiny out of top 10 for a few days maybe as soon as tomorrow.

It’s anecdotal sorta (but not) but for a full retail priced game to make it into the top 10 on Xbox without gamespass makes this a successful launch. RE4 never charted this high for instance.

Considering Xbox gamers are notorious for not buying retail games it’s safe to say that the game’s success is bigger on PlayStation.

Can Redfall top it? Fair matchup for new product launches tbh. Will interesting to compare.
Saints Row also sold better on Xbox than Playstation (in the UK) so I think they like these kind of janky games for some reason.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Saints Row also sold better on Xbox than Playstation (in the UK) so I think they like these kind of janky games for some reason.

The most recent one? Eh, no one played that.

Games like these can have huge fandom. It’s like b-movie horror. It’s why stuff like Dead by Daylight is one of the most popular games you never pay attention to. It just is. Fan reception is generally positive from what I’ve just read.

• brain

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The most recent one? Eh, no one played that.

Games like these can have huge fandom. It’s like b-movie horror. It’s why stuff like Dead by Daylight is one of the most popular games you never pay attention to. It just is. Fan reception is generally positive from what I’ve just read.
The reboot sold 21% more on Xbox but it was still a flop.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The original Dead Island was so bad that I'm never touching this, all the focus on gore is also disgusting, I don't want that in my life.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The original Deal Island was so bad that I'm never touching this, all the focus on gore is also disgusting, I don't want that in my life.

I mean I don’t like that stuff either much. Resident Evil touches it but … I love resident evil so… whatever.

It’s a b-movie horror thing. I guess there’s a reliable slasher gaming demographic.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I mean I don’t like that stuff either much. Resident Evil touches it but … I love resident evil so… whatever.

It’s a b-movie horror thing. I guess there’s a reliable slasher gaming demographic.
I like gore when it meant to be disturbing like in TLoU I don't like when it's done to be funny or entreating. That will just pollute your brain with disgusting images.

As graphics get better you need to be careful for it to not become just tasteless.

• brain

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’m not expecting consumers to apply any kind of moral compass to their purchases or gaming habits. Nor would I want to necessarily judge them for that. I don’t like plenty of stuff and will mock them when I feel like it but we all have our tastes and reasons.

However an upward trend in performance usually is not an indicator of a bad game.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I like gore when it meant to be disturbing like in TLoU I don't like when it's done to be funny or entreating. That will just pollute your brain with disgusting images.

As graphics get better you need to be careful for it to not become just tasteless.

Very narrow view my friend. Some people like gore, some don't, and that's fair. Its not polluting everyone's brain.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Very narrow view my friend. Some people like gore, some don't, and that's fair. Its not polluting everyone's brain.
I think it is, you don't just feed anything to your brain and expect it to be good for it. Some things are just tasteless, but I'm not here to convince you, I was just sharing my opinion.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think it is, you don't just feed anything to your brain and expect it to be good for it. Some things are just tasteless, but I'm not here to convince you, I was just sharing my opinion.

Absolutely, as I've shared mine