Debunked-Rumor: Amazon will announce the acquisition of EA today according to GLHF sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If true, I love how litterally nobody is able to predict these big buyouts before hand.

Jason Schrier did over 2 years ago. He said the gaming landscape was going to be basically a couple of people owning most large publishers. He knew.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Jason Schrier did over 2 years ago. He said the gaming landscape was going to be basically a couple of people owning most large publishers. He knew.
I meant more like nobody predicting certain companies getting brought out. Nobody thought bungie would be bought, nobody thought activision would be bought. only smaller ones like blue point games and maybe next level games from nintendo were predictable

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I meant more like nobody predicting certain companies getting brought out. Nobody thought bungie would be bought, nobody thought activision would be bought. only smaller ones like blue point games and maybe next level games from nintendo were predictable

He actually knew of a lot of this. He mentioned Bungie a while ago looking to have a partner and get out of the deal they were in with Netease/Nexon.

P

peter42O

Since Microsoft is tied up with ABK and Sony isn't going to spend the amount of money that it would take to get EA, im hoping Disney somehow acquires EA. Definitely don't want Apple, Amazon, NetEase or Tencent to acquire EA. One thing is for sure though, just a matter of time before EA gets acquired by someone.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

• haha
Reactions: LED

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Should update OP with the tweet in this thread about the rumor debunked.

(and the thread title really)

Just my 2 cents, one of the best things about Resetera is that OP's/titles get updated on the regular.

Reactions: Heisenberg007

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Since Microsoft is tied up with ABK and Sony isn't going to spend the amount of money that it would take to get EA, im hoping Disney somehow acquires EA. Definitely don't want Apple, Amazon, NetEase or Tencent to acquire EA. One thing is for sure though, just a matter of time before EA gets acquired by someone.
Disney owns enough stuff.

Reactions: toadsage44

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Rumor debunked aside..

I don't know why people don't have some concern over Amazon buying a big publisher. Their big motivation is cloud streaming so we have no idea what they'd do with a publisher.

The worst possible scenario is anyone buying up IPs/games and making them exclusive to streaming.

Amazon buying them and keeping them multi-plat and not really changing anything? Sure.. that'd be fine/less worrying than a company that would remove games from Playstation (cough MS cough)... But that's hard for me to assume.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Rumor debunked aside..

I don't know why people don't have some concern over Amazon buying a big publisher. Their big motivation is cloud streaming so we have no idea what they'd do with a publisher.

The worst possible scenario is anyone buying up IPs/games and making them exclusive to streaming.

Amazon buying them and keeping them multi-plat and not really changing anything? Sure.. that'd be fine/less worrying than a company that would remove games from Playstation (cough MS cough)... But that's hard for me to assume.
While those concerns are valid, if they spend $50 billion, they will likely keep everything the same, try to expand the acquired business, and reap the profits. Luna/streaming isn't big enough for moves like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.