Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor quietly breaks into Steam Top 10 global sellers

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
drg-survivor.jpg

Shameless promotion - unnoticed due to the much-deserved hype around Helldivers 2, another game I've been keeping an eye on has quietly crept into the top 10 selling games worldwide on Steam.

Going into early access, DRG: Survivor is a small indie project funded and published by Ghost Ship Games, the makers of Deep Rock Galactic, the popular co-op PvE shooter that pits up to 4 dwarves (or more with mods) against hordes of bugs and robots - very reminiscent of the aforementioned Helldivers 2. In fact, the developers mentioned that they had implemented friendly fire after looking at the original Helldivers game during the creation of DRG. (Source).

The game promises to combine the frenetic horde slaying gameplay of Vampire: Survivors with roguelike elements, procedurally generated levels, and the ability to mine resources and exterminate your way to victory. DRG: Survivor is estimated to spend 6-12 months in early access before hitting release.

*e* IGN preview:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
is this a sequel or dlc or just a spin off or what?
It's a spinoff. Basically the devs who made DRG are sponsoring another small indie company to make a game using the DRG IP, but in a different genre. It's basically Vampire: Survivors, except instead of being crap it actually introduces some actual game mechanics and doesn't look like vomit.

• Informative
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's a spinoff. Basically the devs who made DRG are sponsoring another small indie company to make a game using the DRG IP, but in a different genre. It's basically Vampire: Survivors, except instead of being crap it actually introduces some actual game mechanics and doesn't look like vomit.
vampire survivors is great tho wym....

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm on record as a V:S bonafide hater
You're just a hater in general; you could be @Nhomnhom's brother for all we know.

Happy Toddlers And Tiaras GIF