Deliver Us Mars dev lays off entire team due to lack of publishing options, but vows to rebuild the studio

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Deliver Us Mars developer KeokeN Interactive has laid off its team due to a lack of publishing options for its forthcoming projects, but vows to rebuild in future to continue the legacy of its games.

The news was revealed in a lengthy statement on social media site X from CEO Koen Deetman and managing director Paul Deetman.

"Heartbroken, we've had to lay off our team at KeokeN because of nothing substantial materialising directly after our visit to GDC," the statement reads. "We've unfortunately exhausted all our possible options for publishing, work for hire, and co-development.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Sad news. I enjoyed both of the "Deliver Us..." games, although they had some very bad looking character models.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Shame. Moon was nice, never played Mars.

Anybody comment if Mars is worse/better or more of same?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Edit: Horrible spelling.

Definitely a more interesting story but worse in the gameplay department. It's one of the cases where a dev wanted to go "bigger and better" and just added stuff that doesn't really work well.
That reminds me I may have heard that in a review and why I didn’t pick it up as yet.