Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
destiny-2-lightfall-expansion-season-of-plunder-2.jpg

LIGHTFALL

• Lightfall launches on 28th of February 2023
  • Pre-oreder weapons and items available now (Quicksilver Storm)
  • New Strand Powers / Grappling Hook

• Location: Neptunes hidden city of Neomuna / A pristine Cyberpunk-like city.

neptune2.jpg

• Enemies: Revived Calus, his darkness enhanced legion with new abilities and Tormentors, a completely new foe meant to present a significant challenge.
  • Allies: Cloudstriders
New Season: Season of Plunder

• This season is called Season of Plunder and has Eramis de-thawing from ice, as predicted. Rather than join The Witness, she’s off becoming a pirate, and we are teaming up with Mithrax, Eido and Drifter to stop her. Spider is involved in here somewhere too.

drifter

• The pirate theme pervades all of this season, from cosmetics to new exotics. The two main activities are a ship-boarding pirate battle where you launch yourself onto the deck of enemy ships. Then another activity based around getting at chest full of treasure. Finally, there’s something about finding maps that lead to pirate captains around the system you must kill.

• RAID: King’s Fall, which launches Friday. We do not yet know what changes or updates may have been made to it yet, old armor and weapons returning.

Entire showcase recap / reaction and commentary - Aztecross

Other News

• Easier player onboarding with a leveling system to guide new players through content.
  • Destiny is coming to Epic Game Store and 30th Anniversary content will be for free
  • Destiny collaboration / skins in Fall Guys and Fortnite
  • No more Vaulting of content
  • All expansions free for 1 week (THIS WEEK)

I advise all people curious about the Destiny story, lore or gameplay to try it out over this week, even The Witch Queen is free and many of the expansions are really excellent. Hit up some Destiny players on the forum to keep you company and fill you in on details you might miss.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I imagine this will exceed Witchqueen pre orders. Aside from the expansion itself the best announcement for me was player loadouts coming (and in-game LFG).

Keep in mind they increased the price of the expansion to 50$ too.

This usually means that it’s a bigger expansion. This may also be justified on Bungie’s end by the inclusion of a new character subclass. They’re usually pretty direct.

The pirate season is already more fun to play than last season. King’s Fall raid should provide me for more endgame runs than last season’s dungeon also. And mostly because all its weapons are craftable.

Pvp player pro tip… smgs are extremely powerful. So is the Halo CE Magnum. Pair that with a good smg and you will steamroll in 6s.

PS - All the anniversary weapons including the Halo Battle Rifle are now craftable. Those are some of the best weapons in the game for all activities. I’m particularly fond of the BXR and shotgun. I never want to play Dares of Eternity ever again but I need these crafted. Some unfortunate grinding to be done there since I’ve already done a shit ton trying to unlock the magnum catalyst itself.

So both Halo weapons are at the top of the meta right now. Also those weapons are free to earn for all players.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Player numbers are WILD today:

nEf7phQ.png

I don't think I've ever seen it top 1 milli.

People getting back into D2 ahead of the changes...will be interesting to see how the pop numbers fair for the next 6 months up to release.

• fire
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Thanks @Dr Bass :)

Thanks for commenting @Exanthus @IntentionalPun @Kokoloko @VFX_Veteran and @Vertigo

Glad you liked the thread.

Looks like the numbers are very healthy, I am not fond of the season pass this time.... armor is a bit weak but the activities seem fun enough.

Definitely getting my pre-order in soon. A beautiful new city is gonna be something really welcome and different.

Arc 3.0 seems fun so far, Im gonna try a few other builds and take it into PVP still.

Looks like heavy grenade launchers were disabled cause they are doing extra damage LOL

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Thanks @Dr Bass :)

Thanks for commenting @Exanthus @IntentionalPun @Kokoloko @VFX_Veteran and @Vertigo

Glad you liked the thread.

Looks like the numbers are very healthy, I am not fond of the season pass this time.... armor is a bit weak but the activities seem fun enough.

Definitely getting my pre-order in soon. A beautiful new city is gonna be something really welcome and different.

Arc 3.0 seems fun so far, Im gonna try a few other builds and take it into PVP still.

Looks like heavy grenade launchers were disabled cause they are doing extra damage LOL

I think that is where I will get back into it.
Fresh start. I know Witch Queen is free atm, but my time isnt lol

• they're_right_you_know

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Gone back to it.

Never played Witch Queen which is free ATM along with Shadowkeep and Beyond Light.

Great way to get gamers back into the game in huge numbers.

• party
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Gone back to it.

Never played Witch Queen which is free ATM along with Shadowkeep and Beyond Light.

Great way to get gamers back into the game in huge numbers.

Absolutely, especially as they build up to the Lightfall expansion.... if they can get as many people in before then and then have them onboard going forward into The Final Shape, they will be doing really well.

• party
Reactions: Muddasar

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Oh new season dropped to?

Explains the crazy numbers I guess.

If anyone cares you can use this discord bot to see player stats:

Can even install the bot on your own server if you want.

• fire
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh new season dropped to?

Explains the crazy numbers I guess.

If anyone cares you can use this discord bot to see player stats:

Can even install the bot on your own server if you want.

Yeah, Season of Plunder.... Pirate themed, you get your own Ketch and have to board other opposing ketches by shooting yourself / catapulting yourself through the air onto their ship, then fighting and securing treasure / plunder aboard their ship.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Yeah, Season of Plunder.... Pirate themed, you get your own Ketch and have to board other opposing ketches by shooting yourself / catapulting yourself through the air onto their ship, then fighting and securing treasure / plunder aboard their ship.

You get your own Ketch... and board other ships? now Im really tempted.

• thisistheway

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Some form of destructible environments incoming… didn’t watch the whole thing yet.

• fire

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Player numbers are WILD today:

nEf7phQ.png

I don't think I've ever seen it top 1 milli.

People getting back into D2 ahead of the changes...will be interesting to see how the pop numbers fair for the next 6 months up to release.

Witch Queen numbers I read were 1.7 at its peak. I can remember 1.3 for most stronger season launches. So this is definitely the biggest numbers for a season launch.

However, Epic Game Store launch and free week for all expansions are probably significant factors.

Witch Queen was pretty huge but the biggest numbers are still its original f2p launch on steam. But those details are debatable due to next gen consoles being added and Microsoft games store. So witch queen may have been the biggest. We won’t know until Bungie says so I think.

Pretty neat that Warmind.Io already has Epic store being tracked in some capacity. It’s currently 3 % of the today’s active playerbase.

• brain

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
So I watched that dev interview.

Excited about the destructible environments. There’s some alpha footage in the reveal that shows it off nicely. In particular where a player shoots the grapple at a column, and while they web sling around the column, you can see it being destroyed by the momentum of the swinging motion. Very cool. Should definitely add energy to encounters.

Easily the best engine upgrade yet. It’s mostly been lighting improvements and particle effects.

Increased enemy density over Witch Queen. The comparison was that Witch Queen campaign is “the corrupted” strike whilst Lightfall will be like the “Battleground” missions. Which was waves upon waves of enemies.

The new friendly race is not a new race. They are a group of humans that escaped the collapse and survived and whose civilization continued to flourish. They built their city with SIVA. (Makes sense since they’re going to have to reintroduce SIVA this time next year for the returning Wrath of the Machine raid).

Cloud Striders have a 10 year lifespan. There is a master and apprentice dynamic. Two cloud striders; master and apprentice… master train apprentice to pass on their duties when their 10 year life span is up. They are the equivalent of guardians and have their natural biology infused with tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.