Destiny 2: The Final Shape comes agonizingly close to breaking concurrent player record

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
As I said I did search in their API github before and didn't see anything that could provide amount of players connected, in general or per platform.

You could make your own app using that API where players would be able to connect. You could track the players using that app you made. But not the ones playing the game, specially those who never connected to that app.
You can track all games with that API not just the logged ones.
Getting the UserId you can get all activity data of that User with others APIs including the last time played that activity.
That is how you get population including by activity.

The only limitation is that you don’t have a direct API so you have to crawl all the users that takes time depending of the server you have… in GTS casa took me around 2 weeks to crawl everybody (around 12 millions accounts at time) from a local Python server (could be way faster in a Cloud solution).

Of course I don’t know the Bungie API performance… it can be slower or faster than PD API.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Just “finished” the campaign on legendary. Had trouble solo. Then had my longtime buddy try to do it co-op. We were still getting bashed. Had to get a third…

Leaves you with the text to basically come back after the raid for the concluding missions.

So far the kinda feeling better about this than Witch Queen. Pretty happy with it so far. Post game seems plentiful

Then there’s the Episode 1 content I haven’t seen yet.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Having slept on it…

I’ve closed out a few 3rd act game and movie trilogies in my time.

Most are nostalgia send offs. Never meet the fictional end you imagine in your head over the years.

Let’s say Return of the King is a proper end. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Back to the future part 3 proper greatest hits and throwbacks. Return of the Jedi flawed but great. Halo 3 the best game trilogy 3rd act… mass effect 3 a let down.

I kinda put this with Jedi and Last Crusade but with not liking Star Wars anymore. Not Halo 3 either… even tho this means more to me and there’s way more to unearth…. Just talking narrative and campaign here.

It’s also a better game than it was during Witch Queen and Lighfall and having played thru this have left me feeling better about the game than even Witch Queen.

This is without the raid, having not seen the post campaign and live narrative seasonal content rollout either.

Successful relaunch.

Edit: only thing I’m disappointed with is that the soundtrack is lacking compared to like all other releases tbh. That’s a first. Quality arrangements and production but it’s missing the memorable combat tracks. Actually makes me a bit more interested in seeing newcomers take the reins for future releases.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
More people played yesterday than the day before.

image-2024-06-06-153341153.png

Steam is near flat.
But PlayStation increased more than 20k users.

Reactions: Gamernyc78