Destiny 2 The Final Shape received overwhelmingly positively by critics and fans (94 top critic rating)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
In reality they should also include Episode 1 in the reviews as it’s included with your $50 purchase in addition to raid and campaign, etc… but that hasn’t rolled out yet and understandable to get reviews out sooner than later.

Yeah, it might be the best expansion... Feeling pretty good about the game right now.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Sony acquired Bungie, and now they’re making good content?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I'm still here, wouldn't touch this GaaS crap.

Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

Not every game a company makes needs to be for you.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

Not every game a company makes needs to be for you.
Never said they needed to be, doesn't mean should pretend that I don't dislike the games Bungie make or their influence over other PlayStation studios just because Sony bought them.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I tried playing some of their expansions and, well, they are not good at all. But that is just me.
Destiny is indeed a love and hate game.
Who likes it... man it is really one of the best gaming experience of last decade.
Some expansions are better with content than others but any of them are really bad or trash level... they are all good in it own way... ones more focused in PVE and others in PVP.

Who dislike it... well I think nothing will change it... no expansion will fix that because they probably hates the core gameplay (that is what is loved by these that love it).

I understand the reason why some dislike it but for me... it is the best game experience in the industry since 2013.

Reactions: Entropi

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Where's all the ppl on here that were trashing Bungie?
The "worst" purchase in Sony's story lol
Yes, I still think it's an awful acquisition. They spent 3.7 billion dollars and you guys are giddy over a decent DLC lmao.

This was nothing but a poor shortsighted knee jerk reaction to the ABK acquisition and will never make sense no matter how much you guys love this game. On the brightside, at least Destiny revenue helps cover up how the awful PC ports are doing 🤣

And I see yall conveniently forgot about what happened last year 😂

image.png

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony's best purchase outside of Insomniac...
As sad as that is it might actually be true.

I still hope that Bluepoint and Housemarque end up being better acquisitions than Bungie but all of the rest look really rough right now.

Show that sometime being conservative and only trying to buy what they consider to be "value" studios doesn't pay off.

Firewalk, Haven, Neon Koi, Firesprite, Nixxes, Valkyrie, that is not an impressive list at all.

Yes, I still think it's an awful acquisition. They spent 3.7 billion dollars and you guys are giddy over a decent DLC lmao.

This was nothing but a poor shortsighted knee jerk reaction to the ABK acquisition and will never make sense no matter how much you guys love this game. On the brightside, at least Destiny revenue helps cover up how the awful PC ports are doing 🤣

image.png
A DLC that releases day one on Xbox. After Helldivers 2 I have confidence that the Factions multiplayer that Bungie shot down if released would be making Sony more money than this. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

image.png
A DLC that will generate over $500 million revenue in the launch window...

What is wrong with Lightfall at all? I liked it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
A DLC that will generate over $500 million revenue in the launch window...

What is wrong with Lightfall at all? I liked it.

If you think these guys have something insightful to say about games they don’t play well… why?

Lightfall and its entire year was clearly filler. As a fan it was a killjoy moment for a bit untul they pulled off a Hail Mary in the last season and with TFS. Lightfall being completely ignored and useless to the events of TFS make this more evident.

With that said… expansions didn’t have good campaigns until Witch Queen and the addition of legendary difficulty. This includes lightfall. The campaign was fine but the narrative was a low moment for sure.

Destiny has been a top game in the industry for 10 years and has had haters for 10 years lol. Let them cry some more

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If you think these guys have something insightful to say about games they don’t play well… why?

Lightfall and its entire year was clearly filler. As a fan it was a killjoy moment for a bit untul they pulled off a Hail Mary in the last season and with TFS. Lightfall being completely ignored and useless to the events of TFS make this more evident.

With that said… expansions didn’t have good campaigns until Witch Queen and the addition of legendary difficulty. This includes lightfall. The campaign was fine but the narrative was a low moment for sure.

Destiny has been a top game in the industry for 10 years and has had haters for 10 years lol. Let them cry some more
Well about narrative we will back to Destiny... which expansion had good narrative?
The Taken King was praised not because it had amazing narrative but because it had better narrative than the base game and follow expansions :D

Maybe I'm part of these that loved so much everything in Destiny / Destiny 2 that narrative was not important to me.