Destiny player numbers skyrocket as The Final Shape releases!

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Is this the last dlc?
They said their seasonal dlc which they been doing it's the final one. They gonna move to stand alone ''episodes'' every 4 months.
My bet is that they gonna coast it out for a year or 2 and keep the revenue going, when Marathon is up and running for a while, announce Destiny 3 and reset while moving to a new-engine probably by the end of this gen.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
They said their seasonal dlc which they been doing it's the final one. They gonna move to stand alone ''episodes'' every 4 months.
My bet is that they gonna coast it out for a year or 2 and keep the revenue going, when Marathon is up and running for a while, announce Destiny 3 and reset while moving to a new-engine probably by the end of this gen.

That's the most reasonable roadmap.

So many people were talking shit about Sony buying Bungie, but you had a multitude of agendas involved. Many people were angry that Sony was getting involved with GaaS. Many people would have preferred Sony buy a single player AAA studio for the money. They tried to pretend like Bungie was an overpurchase, not understanding that sometimes you spend more on something if you have a vision for it.

If I buy something that normally sells for 2 dollars for 4 dollars and I turn around and sell it for 10 dollars, did I overpay? I think the context matters. P.S. not saying that Sony intends to sell bungie, though it was hilarious that many people were suggesting that they should.

With Destiny continuing to cook and the success of Helldivers, people should take pause in writing the obituaries for Concord, but again, you have to remember that much of the response relating to Concord was from people who have agendas. You have xbox fanboys hoping Sony fails, you have sony fanboys hoping that GaaS fails, you have people upset that the game has pronouns e.t.c.

I don't think we can say, "Sony bought this company for a reason" after the issues with Firesprite. Though I think they bought Firesprite to boost their VR ambitions.

They bought Firewalk to boost their FPS/GaaS ambitions, but that doesn't confirm quality. We're going to see what happens with Concord. Clearly they didn't want to show the game last year and it's clear Sony isn't giving them more time since this goes into beta in July. It's very possible that Sony has no more confidence in the game, but also doesn't want to outright cancel it. It's going to be interesting to see what reaction is to the game once it is actually available.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And these numbers are on a weekday..impressive!
They probably couldn't surpass the peak yesterday cause the servers were struggling (sort it out) and went offline.

960x0.jpg

another narrative in the gutter that Bungie is in trouble and failing.
Will Sony go 3 for 3 in 2024 with their live-service?
Destiny peak day is always on Tuesdays because it is when the weekly resets happens.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Interesting…

They will back to the old model?

In Destiny they did smaller and cheap expansions each 4 months… with Destiny 2 they started big expansions at full price each year.