OP
OP
Umar

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
bots are gonna be mad about this one, like I said yesterday, devs should just ditch Series console development until years later. Not worth the trouble and stress. Focus on PS5 first and port it over at a later date.
I agree.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Interesting. I wonder if that's with DirectStorage or not. Has any company done DS1.2 yet on the XSX?
Directstorage wouldn't help on console. Remember that DirectStorage isn't "free", it's using GPU and CPU cycles to make up for the lack of speed in your SSD by compressing and decompressing the data being retrieved. On PC you simply tell your customers that they're responsible for that overhead cost and if they have good enough hardware then it'll be useful. But on console that doesn't work because you're eating into the fixed resources you have, resources that are already producing basically equal results to the ps5. So taking gpu/cpu load to do the data streaming means you'll have to scale back in other areas.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Frozone

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Interesting. I wonder if that's with DirectStorage or not. Has any company done DS1.2 yet on the XSX?
Directstorage is software based. Sony's solution is far superior because its hardware based with dedicated decompression chip. Also now that they have been making games with a low level API on top of the I/O solution for longer than anyone who has had Direct storage working on a driver level in their engine.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
These people seems to think that direct storage makes any HDD as fast as nvme 4 drives now.
What can you do?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
… Maybe

Game is also vaporware from no-name dev to usher in the next era of generic Unreal Engine shooter development.

Thief1987

23 Feb 2023
It was supposed to be launch PS5 game lol. Seems like devs just want attention by igniting some console wars