DF Richard Leadbetter: PS5 Pro vs PC value comparisons are less important than a potentially bleak future for console pricing

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
No one is buying a $700 console for a bunch of crossgen games or games that will be on PC day and date. There won't be a PS7 if this is what Sony is cooking.

Reactions: J_Paganel

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No one is buying a $700 console for a bunch of crossgen games or games that will be on PC day and date. There won't be a PS7 if this is what Sony is cooking.
Really? I just got bad news handed to me today by BillyZ. I have really bad memory!
Apparently i thought i was buying 700$ console, but actually i am not and so millions too!?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Really? I just got bad news handed to me today by BillyZ. I have really bad memory!
Apparently i thought i was buying 700$ console, but actually i am not and so millions too!?
Really are we doing this shit now? When someone say no one doesn't mean literally zero. Congratulations, enjoy your PS5 Pro and so will dozens of other people. But that price won't work for a mainstream success especially when you're killing exclusivity.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

GXs9xbCXEAAyN87

Uh Oh Cringe GIF by The Game Awards

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah yeah keep coping that the PC ports will stop. Any day now.
It is not what you said. You just strawman yourself.
Brilliant mind.
Really are we doing this shit now? When someone say no one doesn't mean literally zero. Congratulations, enjoy your PS5 Pro and so will dozens of other people. But that price won't work for a mainstream success especially when you're killing exclusivity.
I didn't mean 0 neither do you, i was just mocking you for stupid comment.

Millions of buyers aren't nothing. It will sell well, more then some of other devices on the market.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Whatever the case.
If Sony wants to release a PS6 with a higher price than PS5 then we all the its not gonna PS4/PS5 kind of numbers, simple

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I will join the mob wiith my pitchfork and torch when the PS6 price is announced at $699. In the meantime, it fun to speculate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Bringing up high GPU prices and PC Piracy should be a bannable offense. Neither are ground in reality.

The people buying the top end GPU for gaming every iteration, are the same people who spend £5k on Loot boxes in COD; morons.

As for piracy, it has a place in the preservation of games. Some games cannot be bought legally, so piracy is the only place to turn.
"Piracy is a service problem" - Gabe Newell.

• haha
Reactions: Entropi
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Bringing up high GPU prices and PC Piracy should be a bannable offense. Neither are ground in reality.

The people buying the top end GPU for gaming every iteration, are the same people who spend £5k on Loot boxes in COD; morons.

As for piracy, it has a place in the preservation of games. Some games cannot be bought legally, so piracy is the only place to turn.
"Piracy is a service problem" - Gabe Newell.

Very well celebrated.

piracy-for-sure-v0-un7jd3nh5czb1.jpg