Diablo 4 Season 3 will begin on January 23 2024 |UP| 1/24/24 confirmed also companions coming. All trailers and updates.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1704981954781.png

1/16/24 Has, been confirmed

A new threat whirs to life in the depths of Sanctuary.Season of the Construct comes to #DiabloIV on January 23rd.
@TubzGaming @Sircaw please confirm!

Earlier today the Diablo 4 login screen subtly changed to include a new banner stating “Season 3 – Next Season Begins January 23, 2024.” While that release date certainly fits with the quarterly seasons Blizzard wants to stick to with Diablo 4 , we’ve still yet to get many details for a season that’s just around the corner.

Companions coming.

One of my design goals for The Seneschal was player expression – player expression, player different builds, player choice," White said of the inspiration for the new companion. "It is very, very important to me when you approach a system like The Seneschal, players have many different options.

"Inspiration came from a number of places, I played a ton of games and a ton of ARPGs," White continued. The designer says a lot of the "most fun" games have plenty of "theory crafting and player expression," and that's something White wanted to capture with the Seneschal.

"You'll notice that The Seneschal has a ton of different builds – things that are obvious choices like 'This Seneschal will heal you, that's super cool,'" the Diablo 4 designer added. "But then there's a lot of other interactions where you're like, 'Oh, wait a minute, this can synergize with my build.' So things like that I geek out on."

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
View attachment 3594

@TubzGaming @Sircaw please confirm!

Earlier today the Diablo 4 login screen subtly changed to include a new banner stating “Season 3 – Next Season Begins January 23, 2024.” While that release date certainly fits with the quarterly seasons Blizzard wants to stick to with Diablo 4 , we’ve still yet to get many details for a season that’s just around the corner.
Yep, that art does like like Kurast, which is the third act in Diablo Two. That's meant to be for the future expansion, the release date is set for the end of the year.

Perhaps the art is for some sort of prequest chain, to set some early events in motion.

Kurast is Mephisto's stronghold and also the home to some of Diablo's most notorious enemies, that being the Stygian dolls and the High Council.

As for season three, the developers are meant to be announcing a campfire event very soon, this week or the next at the latest,

Personally, I am not too hyped for season three; perhaps we will get something like a loot filter, etc., but the big, really big changes to the game will come in season 4. That's when they plan to do a major rework to itemisation, which the game desperately needs at present.

We see what happens in the next week or so, if anything good drops i will give a shout out.

I do expect some major adjustments and features to the game in the next 6 months, Path of exile 2 is coming and it looks really really good.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I think Season 2 was a good send off for me, got the plat as well with it. I'll come back to it for whatever season or expansion that brings a new area to the game - say like that Kurast tease.

And Yes, Kurast and Mephisto go hand in hand, specially considering how much he was featured in D4 + we saved him more or less. The puppet master theme of the whole game.

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Unless the update contains the ability to play this single player game, in single player mode, while not connected to a server Or the internet, blizz can go whistle.

Lag in a single player game, while playing solo, and being forced online, is the hands down the most laughably bad idea I've seen since horse armour.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Unless the update contains the ability to play this single player game, in single player mode, while not connected to a server Or the internet, blizz can go whistle.

Lag in a single player game, while playing solo, and being forced online, is the hands down the most laughably bad idea I've seen since horse armour.
Yeah always online shit in sp portions of games is bs.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Companions coming.

One of my design goals for The Seneschal was player expression – player expression, player different builds, player choice," White said of the inspiration for the new companion. "It is very, very important to me when you approach a system like The Seneschal, players have many different options.

"Inspiration came from a number of places, I played a ton of games and a ton of ARPGs," White continued. The designer says a lot of the "most fun" games have plenty of "theory crafting and player expression," and that's something White wanted to capture with the Seneschal.

"You'll notice that The Seneschal has a ton of different builds – things that are obvious choices like 'This Seneschal will heal you, that's super cool,'" the Diablo 4 designer added. "But then there's a lot of other interactions where you're like, 'Oh, wait a minute, this can synergize with my build.' So things like that I geek out on."

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Cant wait to not play this.
while not a bad game per se, its absolutelly souless compared to any other entry.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I decided not to buy it.
Diablo 3 is by far the best coop experiences I ever had, my wife and I played a LOT of it. over a hundred hours.
Diablo 2 too but I was in highschool last time I played it.
Diablo 4 I bought at launch because of that and it was cool at first but after a while the game showed itself too fucking easy regardless of difficulty, not being able to increase the difficulty untill you beat the story and reach level 60 at least once didnt help. The game is also boring as fuck, you can see that there is SOMETHING there that makes you want to play it but this is the only game I've ever played that I consistently found myself falling asleep to. I looked up online and apparently thats a pretty widespread issue.
i dont regret buying and playing it because I like a lot of what it does and the world of Sanctuary, but this is easily the worst, most boring, least engaging, souless cashgrab hell diablo game ever made.

i have also a lot of complaints about the mechanics but what I already said is the main reason for me dropping it and never wanting to return.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

underperforming, such as the Rogue’s Ranged Unique Items, and the Necromancer’s Golem.

All Classes​

New Items​

Paingorger's Gauntlets – Unique Gloves

• Damaging enemies with a cast Non–Basic Skill marks them for 3 seconds. When a Basic Skill first hits a marked enemy, the Basic Skill's damage is echoed to all marked enemies, dealing 100–200%[x] increased damage.

Aspect of Adaptability – Utility

• When cast below 50% Maximum Resource, Basic Skills generate 3 of your Primary Resource, once per cast.
  • When cast at or above 50% Maximum Resource, Basic Skills deal 40–80% increased damage.

Juggernaut's Aspect – Defensive

• Gain 0.75 –1.25 Armor, but your Evade has 100% increased Cooldown.

Item Updates​

Ring of Starless Skies

• The unique power has been changed.
    • Previous: Casting a Core Skill reduces Resource cost of your Core Skills by 12%, up to a maximum of 40%. Resets upon using a non–Core Skill.
    • New: Spending resources reduces your resource costs and increases your damage by x10% for 3 seconds, up to 40%.
  • Offensive Aspect of the Expectant
    • Damage bonus now has a 5-second duration to be used.

Melted Heart of Selig

• All Stats increased to 2x normal value.
  • Core Skill Damage changed to Movement Speed.
  • Damage While Healthy increased to 3x normal value.
  • Unique Power Changed
    • Previous: Gain 30 Maximum Resource. In addition, when you take damage, drain 3 resources for every 1% of life you would have lost instead.
    • New: Gain 60 maximum Resource. 75% of incoming damage drains 2 Resource for every 1% of Life you would have lost instead.

Overpower​

• Overpower attacks now gain +1% damage, down from +2%, per 1% of your Base Life you have in Fortify.
  • Overpower attacks now gain +1% damage, down from +2%, per 1% of your Base Life that you have in bonus life above your Base Life.

Barbarian​

New Items​

Ring of the Ravenous

• Rend’s duration is increased by 2.0–4.0 seconds. Damaging enemies with Brawling Skills applies 2 stacks of Rend's Bleed. This effect can only occur once every 4 seconds per enemy.

Aspect of Sundered Ground – Offensive

• Every 25 seconds, Upheaval is guaranteed to Overpower and deals 10–20% increased damage. This timer is reduced by 4 seconds when Upheaval Overpowers a Boss or an Elite enemy.

Skills​

Charge

• Base damage increased by 900%, from 0.25 to 2.50.
  • Enhanced Charge terrain impact damage increased by 150%, from 0.6 to 1.5.
  • Power Charge no longer requires a terrain impact to reduce the cooldown of Charge, and now charging a boss will reduce the cooldown by 6 seconds.

Leap

• Base damage increased by 30%.

Passives​

Brute Force

• Overpower damage decreased from 15% to 8% per rank.

Walking Arsenal

• Duration of each weapon bonus increased from 8 to 10 seconds.
  • Additional damage from having all bonuses increased from 15% to 20%.
  • Having all bonuses now also increases attack speed by 20%.

Unconstrained

• Berserking damage bonus increased from 60% to 100%.

Gushing Wounds

• Bonus bleed amount increased from 115% to 140%.
  • Overpower explosion damage increased from 70% to 85%.

Weapon Expertise

• Expertise leveling has been cut by 50%.

Paragon​

Marshal Glyph

• Now reduces the cooldown of every non-Shout skill by 4 seconds, instead of every other Shout skill by 1.2 seconds.

Item Updates​

Resource Aspect of Echoing Fury

• You now generate 6–10 Fury per second while any Shout skill is active, instead of 2–4 Fury per second for each Shout skill active.

Offensive Aspect of Limitless Rage

Veteran Brawler’s Offensive Aspect

• Reduced bonus damage per stack from 15%–20% to 6%–8%, up to a reduced maximum bonus of 225%–300% to 30%–40%.

Offensive Aspect of Ancestral Charge

• Reduced bonus damage from 75%–125% to 20%–30%.

Offensive Aspect of Encroaching Wrath

• Reduced bonus Weapon Mastery damage from 82–100% to 40–60%.

Ring of Red Furor

Druid​

New Items​

Unsung Ascetic's Wraps

• Lightning Storm gains 1 additional strike each time it grows. Lightning Storm Critical Strikes cause lightning to strike twice, dealing 10–20% increased damage.

Virulent Aspect – Utility

• When Rabies infects an enemy, reduce its cooldown by 0.3–0.6 seconds. This cooldown reduction is tripled when infecting Elites.

Skills​

Enhanced Rabies

• Maximum damage bonus increased from 30% to 60%.

Lacerate

• Cooldown reduced from 45 to 35 seconds.

Prime Lacerate

• Changed functionality: Lacerate hits Heal for 3% Maximum Life, increased to 6% on Critical Strikes.

Cataclysm

• Twister damage increased from 23% to 46%.
  • Lightning damage increased from 77% to 95%.

Supreme Cataclysm

• Vulnerable duration increased from 3 to 6 seconds.

Passives​

Mending

• Additional Healing received increased from 5% to 6% per rank.

Thick Hide

• Fortify gained increased from 6.4% to 10% per rank.

Unrestrained

• Control Impairing Effects duration reduction increased from 3% to 5% per rank.
  • Increased benefit while over 50% Fortify reduced from tripled to doubled.

Natural Fortitude

• Fortify gained on Shapeshifting increased from 1.4% to 2% per rank.

Bestial Rampage

• Required Shapeshift duration reduced from 2.5 to 2 seconds.
  • Attack Speed bonus increased from 25% to 30%.

Spirt Boons​

Prickleskin

• Thorns increased from .15 to .6. (from 1,194 to 4776)

Gift of the Stag

• Maximum Spirit increased from 10 to 20.

Avian Wrath

• Critical Strike Damage bonus is now Multiplicative instead of Additive.

Paragon​

Tectonic

• Bonus Lucky Hit Chance increased from 15% to 20%.

Poise

• Barrier increased from 5% of Maximum Health to 15%.
  • Duration increased from 4 to 6 seconds.

Wilds

• Passive Companion damage bonus increased from 80% to 120%.

Item Updates​

Aspect of the Blurred Beast

• Previous: While dashing, Shred seeks out Nearby Poisoned enemies instantly dealing 70–100% of the Poisoning damage to them.
  • New: While dashing, Shred seeks out Nearby Poisoned enemies and deals 20–40%[x] increased damage to them.

Aspect of Metamorphic Stone

• Boulder Spirit Cost reduced from 50 to 40.

Aspect of the Unsatiated

• Spirit Generation and bonus damage increased from 20–30% to 30–40%.

Aspect of Retaliation

• Bonus damage reduced from 20–40% to 20–30%.

Necromancer​

New Items​

Mutilator Plate

• You are Blood Lanced, and when Blood Lance would deal damage to you it instead Fortifies you for 1–2% of your Maximum Life and has a 5% chance to form a Blood Orb. Blood Lance deals 10–20%[x] increased damage.

Shattered Spirit's Aspect – Offensive

• Casting Bone Spirit also launches 18 Bone Splinters in all directions, dealing 200–400%[x] increased damage and generating 6 Essence per enemy hit.

Skills​

Iron Maiden

• Damage increased from 0.2 to 0.3.

Horrid Iron Maiden

• Bonus damage increased from 20% to 30%.

Corpse Explosion

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 40% to 25%.
  • Base damage increased from 50% to 70%.
  • Blighted Corpse Explosion damage decreased from 110% to 95%.

Blight

• Damage over time increased from 80% to 95%.

Sever

• Initial damage increased from 66% to 75%.
  • Return damage increased from 21% to 25%.

Bone Spirit

• Damage is increased by 4% per Essence spent casting Bone Spirit, up from 3%.

Dreadful Bone Spirit

• Now restores 30% of your Maximum Essence, instead of a flat 30 Essence.

Acolyte's Decompose

• Previous: You and your Minions deal 10%[x] increased damage to enemies being Decomposed.
  • New: Every 1.5 seconds, Decompose makes enemies Vulnerable for 4 seconds.

Initiate's Decompose

• Previous: Decompose Slows enemies by 50%.
  • New: Decompose Slows enemies by 50%, and if you channel Decompose for at least 1.5 seconds, you gain 30%[+] Movement Speed for 5 second after ending the channel.

Dreadful Blood Mist

• Previous: Blood Mist Fortifies you for 0.5% of your Maximum Life each time it hits an enemy.
  • New: You gain +10% Critical Strike Chance for 4 seconds after Blood Mist ends.

Bone Prison

• Friendly players and Minions can now freely pass through Bone Prison walls.
  • The functionality of Enhanced Bone Prison and Ghastly Bone Prison have been swapped.

Enhanced Bone Prison

• Enemies inside of Bone Prison are Vulnerable.

Ghastly Bone Prison

• If an enemy is trapped by Bone Prison, gain 25 Essence, plus an additional 5 per enemy trapped.

Dreadful Bone Prison

• Previous: Fortify for 8% of your Maximum Life for each enemy trapped by Bone Prison.
  • New: Reduce your active cooldowns by 0.5 seconds for each enemy trapped by Bone Prison, up to 3 seconds.

Passives​

Ossified Essence

• Now displays the current bonus on the tooltip.

Book of the Dead​

Golem

• When Golems finish casting their active ability, they will first try to target a new close enemy before reverting to their previous target.
  • Blood Golem and Iron Golem
    • Basic Attacks now hit enemies in an area around the main target.
  • Bone Golem
    • Active ability now grants the Golem Thorns equal to 70% of your Armor for the duration of the Taunt.
  • Bone Mage
    • Upgrade now Fortifies based on your Maximum Life instead of Base Life.
  • Skeleton Priest
    • Healing increased from 25% to 40% over the 8 second duration.

Paragon​

Cult Leader Legendary Paragon Node

• Previous: Your Minions deal 15%[x] increased damage for each Minion type you have active.
  • New: Your Minions deal 10%[x] increased damage for each 20%[+] of Attack Speed Bonus they have.

Golem

• Additional Bonus changed from 25% Health to 25% Damage.

Item Updates​

Aspect of Swelling Curse

• Previous: Bone Spirit deals increased damage based on distance traveled, up to 15-25%[x].
  • New: Bone Spirit’s Critical Strike Chance is increased by 15–25%[+]. Your Maximum Essence is increased by 2 for each enemy hit for 15 seconds.

Torturous Aspect

• Previous: Enemies afflicted by your Iron Maiden have a [15–25]% chance to be Stunned for 1 Second when they deal direct damage.
  • New: Iron Maiden is now also a Darkness skill and deals Shadow damage. Enemies afflicted by your Iron Maiden have a [15–25]% chance to be Stunned for 1 second when they deal direct damage.

Rotting Aspect

• Chance to spawn additional corpses increased from 30–60% to 50–100%.

Hulking Aspect

• Chance to reduce Golem's active cooldown increased from 2–5% to 4–10%.
  • Chance to spawn a Corpse increased from 1.0–2.5% to 2%–5%.

Rogue​

New Items​

Beastfall Boots

• When you cast an Ultimate skill, your next Core skill consumes all of your energy and deals 0.5–1.5% increased damage per Energy consumed. Using a Cooldown restores 5 energy.

Resistant Assailant's Aspect – Defensive

• Breaking Concealment grants +10% Resistance and Maximum Resist to all elements for 4 seconds. Killing an Elite enemy reduces Concealment's cooldown by 6–10 seconds.

Skills​

Blade Shift

• Damage increased from 16% to 20%.
  • Duration increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.

Fundamental Invigorating Strike

• Vulnerable now applies while you are below 85% Energy, up from 75% Energy.

Enhanced Caltrops

• Previous: Enemies takes 5%[x] increased damage from you each second they are in Caltrops.
  • New: Enemies in Caltrops take 10%[x] increased damage from you, increased by 5%[x] each second.

Rain of Arrows

• Cast time reduced by 15%.
  • The first wave of arrows now hits closer to the player.

Cold Imbuement

• Chill amount now increases by 5% per skill rank, up from 2.5%.

Blended Cold Imbuement

• Removed the Critical Strike requirement, and increased the Lucky Hit chance from 20% to 35%.

Mixed Poison Imbuement

• Previous: Lucky Hit: Poison Imbued skills have up to a 30% chance to apply double the amount of Poisoning damage over time.
  • New: Lucky Hit: Poison Imbued skills have up to a 30% chance to reduce Poison Imbuement's cooldown by 2 seconds.

Forceful Arrow

• Vulnerable duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds.

Enhanced Penetrating Shot

• Previous: Penetrating Shot deals 10%[x] increased damage per enemy it pierces.
  • Now: Penetrating Shot has a 10%[+] increased Critical Strike Chance. If Penetrating Shot damages at least 3 enemies, gain 10%[+] Critical Strike Chance for 5 seconds.

Improved Penetrating Shot

• Previous: If Penetrating Shot damage at least 3 enemies, your next Penetrating Shot has 20%[+] increased Critical Strike Chance.
  • New: Penetrating Shot deals an additional 10%[x] increased damage per enemy it hits.

Passives​

Close Quarters Combat

• Amount of Damage vs Crowd Controlled bonus conversion percent reduced from 40% to 10%.
  • Attack Speed per stack increased from 10% to 15%.

Precision

• Previous: Critical Strike with Marksman Skills grant you Precision. You gain 4%[x] Critical Strike Damage per stack of Precision, up to a maximum of 20%[x]. When you reach maximum Precision, your next Marksman Skill is guaranteed to Critically Strike, and deals 40%[x] increased Critical Strike Damage, then consumes all stacks of Precision.
  • New: Each Marksman skill cast grants 1 stack of Precision, or 2 if it has Critically Struck. When you reach 6 stacks, your next Marksman Core or Ultimate Skill is a guaranteed Critical Strike that deals x50% increased Critical Strike Damage, consuming all stacks of Precision. This damage is further increased by an amount equal to x15% of your Critical Strike Damage bonus.

Chilling Weight

• Previous: Chilled enemies have their Movement speed further reduced by 10/20/30%.
  • New: Chilled enemies have their movement speed further reduced by up to 10/20/30%, and you gain 5/10/15%[x] increased Chill effect.

Concussive

• Previous: After Knocking Back or Knocking Down an enemy, you gain 4% increased Critical Strike Chance against them for 4 seconds.
  • New: After Knocking Back or Knocking Down an enemy, you gain 4% increased Critical Strike Chance for 4 seconds.

Paragon​

Leyrana's Instinct

• Previous: When Inner Sight's gauge becomes full, you gain 100%[+] Dodge Chance for 1.5 seconds.
  • New: When Inner Sight's gauge becomes full, you gain 100%[+] Dodge Chance for 2 seconds. Your next 3 Core skills deal additional damage equal to 20%[x] of your Core Skill Damage bonus.

Item Updates​

Bladedancer's Aspect

• The orbiting blades can now hit each enemy 2 times, reduced from 3.

Developer’s Note: This change was made to properly match the visuals of 2 rotations around the player.