Diablo 4 will release on June 5, 2023.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Dataminer and tech guru Aggiornamenti Lumia, who has accurately leaked details on games in the past via the Microsoft Store API has said that Diablo 4 will release on June 5, 2023.

The information comes just 1 day prior to The Game Awards, which Insider Gaming understands will be at the event. In addition, a media embargo for Diablo 4 will lift today with media impressions.

Over 100 journalists and content creators have had hands-on with the game, as well as getting the opportunity to see a behind-the-scenes presentation of which Rod Fergusson invited all of the attendees to watch The Game Awards as they’ll be “some announcements”.

P

peter42O

There's already articles/videos regarding impressions for Diablo IV. For NA, it looks like June 6th, 2023. Very happy that they went with June as first and foremost, game should be on Game Pass day one and second, since there's most likely going to be an open beta in January, they'll have plenty of time to implement any fixes, balance changes and adjustments.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
There's already articles/videos regarding impressions for Diablo IV. For NA, it looks like June 6th, 2023. Very happy that they went with June as first and foremost, game should be on Game Pass day one and second, since there's most likely going to be an open beta in January, they'll have plenty of time to implement any fixes, balance changes and adjustments.
The reviews I have watched have seemed very positive, some rather over the top IMO haha, i think there is a lot of that "Please invite me back if you do another beta"

I still have a lot of worries about loot and end-game systems but I am rather happy and pleasantly surprised it has received so much praise so far.

If it ends up being on the game pass I think that would be huge for Microsoft, saying that, i imagine the hardcore fans of the game series will probably buy the game outright anyway, I know it's like one of the few games in the world that i am prepared to trade some of my family for, not my fish mind you.

Looking so forward to giving it a go in the future.

The only real negative that i have seen in a few videos is some of the boss battles, as in the end of levels or quests have been a bit crap in their execution.

but we are still a fair way off, those are adjustable or fixable.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It always being online even when playing single player killed my interest in the game.
May I ask why?

You don't have to party up with others i believe and you can still solo the game from start to finish.

If the game is really good, you could be missing out on one of the best games in its genre.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
May I ask why?

You don't have to party up with others i believe and you can still solo the game from start to finish.

If the game is really good, you could be missing out on one of the best games in its genre.
It's a weird thing on my part where I just hate always online drm.

Reactions: Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
always online is shit when you have Hardcore character, makes no sense. people losing tens of hundreds of hardcore characters by server's faults. and blizzard isn't restoring shit. i hope we will have local save, but blizzard is blizzard, they like to scam people.

P

peter42O

The reviews I have watched have seemed very positive, some rather over the top IMO haha, i think there is a lot of that "Please invite me back if you do another beta"

I still have a lot of worries about loot and end-game systems but I am rather happy and pleasantly surprised it has received so much praise so far.

If it ends up being on the game pass I think that would be huge for Microsoft, saying that, i imagine the hardcore fans of the game series will probably buy the game outright anyway, I know it's like one of the few games in the world that i am prepared to trade some of my family for, not my fish mind you.

Looking so forward to giving it a go in the future.

The only real negative that i have seen in a few videos is some of the boss battles, as in the end of levels or quests have been a bit crap in their execution.

but we are still a fair way off, those are adjustable or fixable.

Yeah, there are a few concerns that I have seen in various videos from not enough varied content in the world to end game issues but all of it can be fixed before release if they choose to do so and with the June release date, I would expect the first major season to start in September so they basically have a almost a year to get the base game and everything set to where they want it to be.

I may actually buy it as well due to the fact that I know it will be a long ass multi-year live service game. I know there will be a shit ton of content, seasons and expansions so there's a good chance I buy it completely day one but at the same time, playing it on Game Pass first which I do like to do at times before buying a game just to make sure there's nothing in the game or controls or what have you that I don't like or could be an issue for me.

Hahaha. I'm curious, do you actually own any fish? Like a fish tank and stuff?

Some of the boss battles looked pretty good to me. They probably have to work on their hit detection as they would miss the player even though they shouldn't but otherwise, I didn't have any complaints. Also, we both know this will be a very long live service game (hell, Diablo III still gets new seasons and stuff) so im sure that they don't want to put all this amazing stuff in the base game and then it's seen as going backwards post launch. I have been sold on the game since it's gameplay reveal in early 2020 if I remember correctly. Will be playing as a Rogue and can't wait to use all those arrows from above attacks. Hehehe.

It always being online even when playing single player killed my interest in the game.

I understand this and was the same way years ago. My thing is that as long as I can play solo and don't need to pay for Gold/Plus in order to play the game, the always online is annoying and an inconvenience but isn't anywhere close to preventing me from playing the game. I played and completed The Division 1 & 2, For Honor (campaign), Gears Tactics and Outriders while connected online. Those games for me were an 8.0/10, 9.0/10, 8.0/10, 8.0/10 and an 8.5/10 so no way would I let an internet connection requirement prevent me from playing the game. Now if the game is bad or mediocre for me like Godfall, that shit gets dropped and uninstalled. lol.

To each their own though.

Reactions: Sircaw