Diablo IV | Review Thread

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
Any word on microtransactions?

There will be a Battle Pass (with Free and Premium tiers) and additional skins or bundles with cosmetics. It's something I complained about in my review. In a b-roll video and images I received from Blizzard, they show several bundles ranging from 10 to 30 dollars, which is not cool at all. It seems they want to charge for skins as much as Path of Exile, but the latter is F2P while standard Diablo IV is $70. Also, you won't be able to unlock the Premium tiers just by unlocking all Free tiers (as opposed to COD Battle Pass which you can unlock with free COD Points). So, one way or another, you'll have to pay to unlock the Premium stuff. What's worse is that the skins you get for the transmog feature are pretty bad or not as attractive compared to the ones they sell in the store. In short, pretty nasty even though it's all cosmetics (as if cosmetics weren't important for an ARPG). 1.000 Platinum is worth $9.99 btw.

WraithLord_Armor.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
There will be a Battle Pass (with Free and Premium tiers) and additional skins or bundles with cosmetics. It's something I complained about in my review. In a b-roll video and images I received from Blizzard, they show several bundles ranging from 10 to 30 dollars, which is not cool at all. It seems they want to charge for skins as much as Path of Exile, but the latter is F2P while standard Diablo IV is $70. Also, you won't be able to unlock the Premium tiers just by unlocking all Free tiers (as opposed to COD Battle Pass which you can unlock with free COD Points). So, one way or another, you'll have to pay to unlock the Premium stuff. What's worse is that the skins you get for the transmog feature are pretty bad or not as attractive compared to the ones they sell in the store. In short, pretty nasty even though it's all cosmetics (as if cosmetics weren't important for an ARPG). 1.000 Platinum is worth $9.99 btw.

WraithLord_Armor.jpg

2023 Blizzard sadly. Maybe one day we will get $1 skin packs.