Digital Foundry claims Burning Shores is the best looking game this year

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is great.

Just show how bad PS4 hold PS5 to shine in graphics.
Well it was something that Ragnarok suffered a lot and I said at time. It feel like a half update… better than PS4 but not a true PS5.

I wished GT7 was PS5 only :(

BTW that was one of Jumbo mistakes decisions in my view… he should had supported PS5 early.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
That is great.

Well it was something that Ragnarok suffered a lot and I said at time. It feel like a half update… better than PS4 but not a true PS5.

BTW that was one of Jumbo mistakes decisions in my view… he should had supported PS5 early.

I think horizon and god of war started production too early to be ps5 only games. The only mistake is not predicting how bad the pandemic would push development back.

If god of war and horizon came out in 2021 it would have been received far better.

But yeah, playing Burning Shores and seeing the Horus fight, i wish we had something on that level for Ragnarok, sucks.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Imagine having a current gen console run games looking worse than a base, last gen game. That Horizon and GOW run on ps4 is a miracle, let alone how good it looks.

The graphics race is over. Sony wins.
Sony always has won the graphics race from Uc2, Killzone, to GOW, etc and others. Sony showed a reel of UC2 that no devs believed was real until Sony did a live demo.

P

peter42O

That is great.

The games were already being developed for PS4 so Jim Ryan staying with "we believe in generations" wasn't going to change anything. Look on the positive side though Horizon 3 will be current generation only in 2027 or 2028.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Horizon is really boring, I wish they would go back to making Killzone especially since Shadow Fall ended on such a cliffhanger.

• angry
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Until Spider-man 2 I don't see any challenger.

Well both his games are so far.
Sony probably already offered to acquire his studio but after what happened at Konami he probably prefers to remain independent.

Both his games so far were made for Sony and using Decima engine and support from Sony studios.

Sure he has a game with MS announce but we are yet to see what exactly that is.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
That is great.

Pretty sure they also thought that HFW was the best game ( graphically) last year, so I don't understand your reasoning. Ragnarok indeed looked a little too close to its predecessor technically, but I think I prefer the fact that it's a bigger game, with more location, quests, enemies and bosses to it being an half assed graphical demo for the Ps5