Digital Foundry claims Burning Shores is the best looking game this year

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The games were already being developed for PS4 so Jim Ryan staying with "we believe in generations" wasn't going to change anything.
Jim Ryan never said or even hinted that they weren't going to avoid crossgen games. In that interview he was very clear stating the opposite, that they were going to keep supporting PS4 during years and also explained the reasons.

It was also very clear with the complete 'we believe in generations' sentence, stating that he wanted to see the new next gen only features like 3D audio, faster loading times, adaptative triggers, haptic feedback getting supported by the games.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If anyone read the article the "we believe in generations" quote comes from and thinks it relates to Sony's position on cross-gen, then you are an illiterate clown.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The games were already being developed for PS4 so Jim Ryan staying with "we believe in generations" wasn't going to change anything. Look on the positive side though Horizon 3 will be current generation only in 2027 or 2028.
It will be cross gen with PS6 and it will hold it back

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Great game, and visually amazing.

Few personal issues.

1. No FOV slider. We should have this at this point for all 1st party titles.

2. Option to fix time of day. Game looks amazing at day time, at night not so much.

3. Need to be able to see thru the foliage. So many things blocks Aloy from the players view. GoT handled this very well.

4. GG needs to get better writers, narratives is a miss for me, its getting stale and i had to roll my eyes a few times. Another nut using religion to manipulate and subjugate folks, gee, never seen that before.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Jim Ryan never said or even hinted that they weren't going to avoid crossgen games. In that interview he was very clear stating the opposite, that they were going to keep supporting PS4 during years and also explained the reasons.

It was also very clear with the complete 'we believe in generations' sentence, stating that he wanted to see the new next gen only features like 3D audio, faster loading times, adaptative triggers, haptic feedback getting supported by the games.
The crossgen fake outrage is FUD spread by Xbots. Nobody actually cares about it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Great game, and visually amazing.

Few personal issues.

1. No FOV slider. We should have this at this point for all 1st party titles.

2. Option to fix time of day. Game looks amazing at day time, at night not so much.

3. Need to be able to see thru the foliage. So many things blocks Aloy from the players view. GoT handled this very well.

4. GG needs to get better writers, narratives is a miss for me, its getting stale and i had to roll my eyes a few times. Another nut using religion to manipulate and subjugate folks, gee, never seen that before.
When have console games had a FoV slider though? And I wonder if it would mean more chance of a less-than-solid framerate. For me that's a PC thing, and on ultrawide monitors it's great.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
When have console games had a FoV slider though? And I wonder if it would mean more chance of a less-than-solid framerate. For me that's a PC thing, and on ultrawide monitors it's great.
Observer had it. Mainly because it was making people motion sick with the default FOV.

But yeah it's not very common in console games.

• Informative
Reactions: Hezekiah