Digital Foundry: Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - PS5/ Xbox Series X|S/ PC - Is Performance Fixed? (NO)

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Dude what do you want Sony to do here, Act all Yakuza and walk into From offices with tommy guns and metal bats? And you talk about steamdeck as if the games run smooth 30/60 fps on it, Valve at most steps in to help with the proton layer integration and that the games run on the steam deck not guarantee performance.

You can complain about 1st party games not hitting the performance benchmarks but expecting Sony to act like gangsters is ridiculous. Why not complain about fromsoftware being lazy and bombard their socials
So Sony isn't accountable to how game run on their own platform? Of course they are specially in this case, if they can convince a long time partner to optimize their game to PS5 then they are worse than I thought
He goes out of his way to be a contrarian for the sake of it, so pathetic
Wow, I go out of my way not to be a corporate bootlicker, to bad the same can't be said about everyone here. I'm pretty fair and consistence when it comes to my take, many people here willing to mock Xbox and PC when games perform poorly there but when it comes to PlayStation poor Sony never did anything wrong.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So Sony isn't accountable to how game run on their own platform? Of course they are specially in this case, if they can convince a long time partner to optimize their game to PS5 then they are worse than I thought

Wow, I go out of my way not to be a corporate bootlicker, to bad the same can't be said about everyone here. I'm pretty fair and consistence when it comes to my take, many people here willing to mock Xbox and PC when games perform poorly there but when it comes to PlayStation poor Sony never did anything wrong.
They aren't lol, since when has any platform holder held responsibility for 3rd party game performance when that 3rd party has no record of being able to produce technical excellence? It's not like Sony made a PS5 Series S, Fromsoft just doesn't produce good running software and never has, across any of their games. Is Sony supposed to go in and give Fromsoft training on how to write an engine? Why would they? Fromsoft isn't giving them any benefits.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Congrats?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Congrats?

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

You mad as hell, just move on and deal with the fact people here are allowed to criticize corporations and expect better from gaming companies.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

You mad as hell, just move on and deal with the fact people here are allowed to criticize corporations and expect better from gaming companies.
Always so funny when someone on the internet tries to tell me i'm "mad" for simply doing what they are also doing which is typing out some words and hitting the post reply button 🤣 . I'd ask you to spot the irony but that maybe asking too much of you.

I don't care if you criticize a corporation I simply called out your completely absurd line of reasoning.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Always so funny when someone on the internet tries to tell me i'm "mad" for simply doing what they are also doing which is typing out some words and hitting the post reply button 🤣 . I'd ask you to spot the irony but that maybe asking too much of you.

I don't care if you criticize a corporation I simply called out your completely absurd line of reasoning.
Think logically for once and not run wild with your angst
He goes out of his way to be a contrarian for the sake of it, so pathetic
Brady Bunch K GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The game runs bad even in top PC hardware.

The framepace issue in From Software engine is mitigate whatever you increase the framerate but it will never gone.
Since Demon's Souls (PS3) is like that no matter console or PC.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

bro thinks he doing damage by making his entire personality whining and bitching :ROFLMAO:

you aren't owning anyone, you just come off as a female on her menstrual :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

inb4 sony is trash inb4 pc better inb4 fanboys cannot take criticism gaming is dead etc etc

• thisistheway
Reactions: Danja1187

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
bro thinks he doing damage by making his entire personality whining and bitching :ROFLMAO: you come off as a female on her menstrual

you aren't owning anyone, you just come off as the snotty kid nobody likes that everyone has to put up with :LOL:

inb4 sony is trash inb4 pc better inb4 fanboys cannot take criticism gaming is dead etc etc
Ok, good for you buddy, seems like you are pretty mad as well. Try getting over it.

Blue rats, green rats, they are all the same.

• thinking_hard
  • haha
Reactions: anonpuffs and voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
bro comes in a elden ring thread to do the same old whining and bitching, and then calls us rats as if it wasn't him that wanted to derail this completely unrelated thread into a platform war :ROFLMAO: he might be my fav poster atm

Bro has a phd in hating, specialization: fighting the invisible fanboys

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I find it very difficult to care about any of that.
I played earth defense force 2017 on 360 at 7fps, I will play anything (nothing was stable 30fps on 360, nothing).
ps5 games have vrr, modes and are mostly 60fps.
Some drops in 50s and 40s are fine. I finished ER on ps5 before sony added vrr. it was fine.

People focus too much on performance and technical details.
Even Dragons Dogma 2 which ran LIKE SHIT on ps5, was fully playable and enjoyable to me. Then they added 30fps lock and it became even better.

Sony could fix a lot of it, having option to force 120hz output for 60fps locked games, so vrr window is higher

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I find it very difficult to care about any of that.
I played earth defense force 2017 on 360 at 7fps, I will play anything (nothing was stable 30fps on 360, nothing).
ps5 games have vrr, modes and are mostly 60fps.
Some drops in 50s and 40s are fine. I finished ER on ps5 before sony added vrr. it was fine.

People focus too much on performance and technical details.
Even Dragons Dogma 2 which ran LIKE SHIT on ps5, was fully playable and enjoyable to me. Then they added 30fps lock and it became even better.

Sony could fix a lot of it, having option to force 120hz output for 60fps locked games, so vrr window is higher
Bubu bu but I'm PCMR and anything below 32K and 999fps is trash...

• Cerny
Reactions: rofif

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

How is Sony accountable for Elden Rings poor performance? It's a third party game made by a third party developer and it runs bad on every platform.