Digital Foundry: Halo on Unreal Engine 5 makes it easier to port it for PS5, fueling multiplatform rumors

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
halo-foundryue5-04-1728258185334.png

Speaking to Eurogamer, Digital Foundry chief Richard Leadbetter said moving to Unreal 5 makes for “easier” multi-platform development than porting across the existing Slipspace engine.

"It stands to reason that an engine designed for deployment across multiple platforms would be easier to work with than existing technology built for Xbox and PC,” Leadbetter said.
Source

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Pretty grafix and ease of porting is nice and all but this doesn't really tell us anything about what the next Halo game is going to be like other than "its gonna have GRAFIX"
That said if they do go the route to porting the series to Playstation, I hope y'all enjoy, and I hope they do more than just the new stuff and port the Master Chief Collection so y'all can enjoy the series at its prime.
They're pretty good games, and I say this as someone not into shooters. (note: I've only completed Halo 3 and Reach and played part of Halo 1)

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So Halo 1 remake on PS5 within the next few years. Cool.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
PlayStation fanboys can finally get a first person shooter from a first party studio. Granted, it's from Microsoft's first party studios instead of Sony's but close enough. lol

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
PlayStation fanboys can finally get a first person shooter from a first party studio. Granted, it's from Microsoft's first party studios instead of Sony's but close enough. lol
This joke doesn't work no more since they own cod. Maybe try again.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face.

Games are the platform, not plastic boxes.
I'd ordinarily be with you but you think singleplayer games should be done away with in favor of multiplayer live service stuff so I'm not sure you know much about games as a platform themselves

Reactions: voke and Entropi