Digital Foundry: Halo on Unreal Engine 5 makes it easier to port it for PS5, fueling multiplatform rumors

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
How is this even possible?
GZT4cm5W8AAiajI

:ROFLMAO:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I am not a fan of UE. It usually only serves to introduce the same problems to all games and similar feel.
But aside from that... I don't care what engine halo uses. 343 never made a great halo game and infinite was absolutely terrible.
I even liked the new cortana and the beard pilot guy. He was great. Cutscenes were great.... but the flow sucked, open levels sucked, every boss was a monke and 2nd half of the game was a corridor... again

Reactions: Entropi

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Sony had some good first person shooters during the ps3 era
Resistance kicked ass

I do think that Sony should attempt to bring some of these back as part of their GaaS push rather than focusing on just new IP.

A Killzone remake with a multiplayer GaaS is probably the way to go. The same is true of SOCOM and maybe even Resistance.

I think if Concord had a single player campaign, it would have had a much better shot at gaining interest, but to expect people will just jump into a new GaaS, especially one that isn't F2P seems like a lot to task. I think they probably saw Helldivers 2's success at 40 dollars and thought Concord could do it too, but even Helldivers isn't a new franchise. You at least had some people who played the first one interested in playing this, so you could at least start rolling the ball down the hill.

Marathon is interesting in the sense that the original franchise is so old and this doesn't seem to tie much to the original and the fans of the original are so far removed, but then at the end of the day this is Bungie and that might get people involved regardless.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Ue5 runs like garbage on current gen and iq looks even worse. This is a next gen move.

Pro ok, but that’s not a main target.