Digital Foundry - Inside Alan Wake 2: How Remedy Delivered A Visual Masterpiece. |UP| Dev Diary.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yes for pc version
Sad misereable port with no rt, poor performance, poor resolution, fsr breakup and sad grainy excuse for ssr for console versions. They just slapped low on pc game and moved it to cnosole.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yes for pc version
Sad misereable port with no rt, poor performance, poor resolution, fsr breakup and sad grainy excuse for ssr for console versions. They just slapped low on pc game and moved it to cnosole.
Damn really? I was planning on picking this up down the line.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Damn really? I was planning on picking this up down the line.
I mean you might still be fairly impressed and they patched it a bit.
I was fairly impressed in the beginning but the image quality and especially in motion was really annoying me later on... and I started noticing everything else.
I kinda really don't like the game in the end, so of course I am not going to recommend it to you... but that said - it's probably a good game you might love. Follow your hunch :p

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I mean you might still be fairly impressed and they patched it a bit.
I was fairly impressed in the beginning but the image quality and especially in motion was really annoying me later on... and I started noticing everything else.
I kinda really don't like the game in the end, so of course I am not going to recommend it to you... but that said - it's probably a good game you might love. Follow your hunch :p
I was getting it once it hits bargain bin so I should be good. It's a $30 purchase for me but thnks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Reactions: rofif

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Anything about PS5 performance improvements? Is it on par/better than X yet?

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
I was getting it once it hits bargain bin so I should be good. It's a $30 purchase for me but thnks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I wouldn't say that lol

I have it for PS5 and the game is jaw breaking at times. It's truly one of the most breathtaking games I ever seen. It's just that Remedy did even better on PC.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Thanks.
Mesh-shaders, primitive shaders, etc are just marketing name to something that happens internally at GPU.

They are very close like Remedy devs said.
Alex Batalhia likes to war.

It simply exposes how much he knows, which is about as much as anybody else else who bothers to watch a siggraph presentation. His knowledge is surface level and it shows when he keeps getting himself into these situations where he ends up looking like an idiot.