Digital Foundry saw tons of used Xbox Series S consoles online for sale for dirt cheap & thought it might be a scam so thy bought one

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Before I even finishing reading I knew it was a working console.

The Series S is and always was pure trash, it blows my mind that some people din't see it. It's a drastically worse deal than even getting a Series X (that also turned out to be a bad deal because of how poorly Xbox is doing).

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

The Series S is and always was pure trash, it blows my mind that some people din't see it. It's a drastically worse deal than even getting a Series X (that also turned out to be a bad deal because of how poorly Xbox is doing).
That's what happens when you have the entire media on your side, they fooled people into thinking it was a good buy, sad.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Frustrated World Cup GIF

At this point the toaster might be more valuable

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
lol 65 huh? I would've considered it if it had a disc drive for my 360 discs....

Reactions: Shadow2027

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Lmao.

I have seen these things listed for around approxiamately less than 100 Freedom Dollars a few months ago.

They just put it as, generic video games machine. White generic plastic box.

Would be a great paper heavy object.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Also about the whole Japan grow they talked so much about, you would think they support the region a bit more.

I heard on forums of people trying the machines while waiting for PS5 tell like this:
Some games on Welfare Pass does not have Japanese versions, and some Jap games does not Jap voiceover. They use the global version for their domestic counterpart. How dumb could you be to do that? The UI is terribly translated. They also really keen on which bank to support.

Realistically, why would anyone choose this over a PS5 or Nintendo, platforms that offer vastly superior experinece? And I willing to bet it is also like that in Europe and other non-English speaking regions too.

Seem like these motherfuckers just chatting a bunch of scripted bollocks and PRs, and they does it half-baked to check a box. Fucking superficial shit to facade the whole thint

And they wonder why they are not selling and still irrelevant

Reactions: Gediminas and Box

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I never understood the emotional bonding people share for Xbox. It baffles me when Xbox fans get upset of PS and Nintendo 3rd Party exclusives and then refuse to buy another platform with tons of games of interest, which never will arrive on their preferred platform. There is one radical Xbox cheerleader SixersOctavian he refuses to buy e.g. FF7R on his PS5 because he wants the game on Xbox. I told him: “Dude life is short, just buy the game you want to play already.” Then he blocked me. Ridiculous cult behaviour.💀

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

When it came out that “Backwards Compatible (bullshit, but we can get into that elsewhere)” games at Bone S settings while running under Bone X settings on Series X, it was clear the Series S was a lot weaker than they’d claimed.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Also about the whole Japan grow they talked so much about, you would think they support the region a bit more.

I heard on forums of people trying the machines while waiting for PS5 tell like this:
Some games on Welfare Pass does not have Japanese versions, and some Jap games does not Jap voiceover. They use the global version for their domestic counterpart. How dumb could you be to do that? The UI is terribly translated. They also really keen on which bank to support.

Realistically, why would anyone choose this over a PS5 or Nintendo, platforms that offer vastly superior experinece? And I willing to bet it is also like that in Europe and other non-English speaking regions too.

Seem like these motherfuckers just chatting a bunch of scripted bollocks and PRs, and they does it half-baked to check a box. Fucking superficial shit to facade the whole thint

And they wonder why they are not selling and still irrelevant
Never forget, when the original Xbox launched in Japan, most first-party games didn’t even have localized text. They actually thought it was okay to release their stuff entirely in English in a country where most people don’t speak it or read it. I mean, sure, that worked for the UK, but Japan is different!