Digital Foundry saw tons of used Xbox Series S consoles online for sale for dirt cheap & thought it might be a scam so thy bought one

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Frustrated World Cup GIF

At this point the toaster might be more valuable
I bought a toaster for $6 at Target when I was in California a few years ago. We called it Master Chief during our trip and we left it in an hotel room somewhere in San Francisco. The series S will be a brick soon, I'm sure that $6 toaster will last longer.

But yeah, Xbox consoles have been dirt cheap on the second hand market for a long time, if there was any value to them I would have gotten one a long time ago.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Maybe Digital Foundry should consider the option that people sold their console because isn't interested on it anymore, and have to sell it cheap because almost nobody is interested on buying it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Maybe Digital Foundry should consider the option that people sold their console because isn't interested on it anymore, and have to sell it cheap because almost nobody is interested on buying it.
theyre probably contractually obligated not to consider that since it would damage their patrons' brand image

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I just love that the Digital Fuckboys live in such a bubble that they can't comprehend that people don't want the Series S and are just selling them cheap to get rid of the pieces of shit.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I just love that the Digital Fuckboys live in such a bubble that they can't comprehend that people don't want the Series S and are just selling them cheap to get rid of the pieces of shit.
I mean they're completely intellectually dishonest as they (aside from John) continually shit on consoles for being weaker than PC, yet they stan for the least performant consoles relative to the competition in history (switch and series s)

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Probably a bunch of kids that got them for Christmas because there was a misunderstanding by someone trying to save money.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
At that price it's almost as cheap as a FireTV 4K Max or an Android set top box with 4K capabilities.
It just needed to be a tad smaller.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster