Disastrous Xbox sales - Is the console war already over? - Toms Guide

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Not dead yet. Knowing how hard MS has been playing this game, there is a lot of time for Xbox still. It's strategic for them. Gotta pound them even harder to chase them out. I see no indication that Sony will do that in the near future. I will be here when the signs do appear and reaffirm them if they do. Business as usual currently.

Here’s a good breakdown of how MS strategizes. 8:27 in the video.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The sales were already bad but after Activision, with all the marketing trying to associate their IPs with Xbox, the sales crashed even more. Customers are rejecting that toxic brand so hard. It's over.
But more importantly people knowing that with the acquisition of ABK that COD will go day n date to Game Pass that it should surely have resulted in gamers rushing out to buy Xboxes but big ol nope was what happened. Simply put no one cares about the Xbox brand anymore. Acquisition ain't doing it, subscription services ain't doing it, console discount sure as hell ain't doing it. 3rd party publishing is where Tim Stuart and Satya are seeing where they can have better success. It's not if but when.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Not dead yet. Knowing how hard MS has been playing this game, there is a lot of time for Xbox still. It's strategic for them. Gotta pound them even harder to chase them out. I see no indication that Sony will do that in the near future. I will be here when the signs do appear and reaffirm them if they do. Business as usual currently.

You are absolutely right as usual. This is the time to really attack, to target key partners of Xbox and remove them if possible.

To enter customer acquisition mode and leave Xbox no space. It should be an assault on at least 3 fronts.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Xbox should have died a long time ago, but they can keep leeching on MS blood forever until something catastrophic happens to Sony and Nintendo.
I disagree, I think MS pulls the plug after this generation. Though Gamepass as its own entity might survive and give you an "equivalent" streaming experience through smart tvs.

PS, Smart tvs are super shitty for gaming. All I want to do is turn it on and play Xenoblade, I hate having to navigate to the one thing I use and click yes every time. And then it has the nerve to turn on on its own when I stick the Switch in to dock.

Reactions: Entropi

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's been over since about 2017 when they made a desperation move to create Rentpass (and also the fact that Phil hadn't been fired at that point)

Also now that E3 is officially gone, there is nothing for the Xbots to wait for anymore

Dantxx

25 Jul 2022
Its getting worse by the day.
If hellblade flops, and there's a good chance in that happening due to lack of full gameplay presentation, like Colin said on sacred symbols "every move on the fight had a cut like they dont want you to see the full picture"
i really dont know what will be

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters