DNF Duel Available Now PS4 / PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I think the game looks awesome, totally busted and awesome. So many crazy powerful characters. People go on and on about the balance of fighters nowadays but some of the most famous and loved fighters of all time are busted AS FUCK and are still enjoyed. If the game is fun the game is fun.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think the game looks awesome, totally busted and awesome. So many crazy powerful characters. People go on and on about the balance of fighters nowadays but some of the most famous and loved fighters of al time are busted AS FUCK and are still enjoyed. If the game is fun the game is fun.

I agree, there has to be a meta and sometimes it's okay to change the meta up as time goes on. People adapt.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
That character that controls the wind looks absolutely bonkers, they can strongly impact the other player's movement at all times, with wind projectiles that pull you and keep you in place, and another move that like instantly pulls the other person into your attack zone from anywhere on screen. That will be pretty frustrating to deal with as they can actually bounce you between both moves

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Screen-Shot-2022-06-28-at-11-19-20-AM.png

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I'm having a blast with it. It has all the bare minimum modes I need to be satisfied, I wish the arcade ladders gave you like an ending video or artwork or something, but not a huge deal. Didn't try the story mode or online yet just kind of went through each character in training to get a feel for things, did a few arcade runs.

I absolutely love the visuals and audio. The game is dead simple to play but has a decent amount of depth and strategy it seems. Favourite character so far is Striker, just feels so good to play.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm having a blast with it. It has all the bare minimum modes I need to be satisfied, I wish the arcade ladders gave you like an ending video or artwork or something, but not a huge deal. Didn't try the story mode or online yet just kind of went through each character in training to get a feel for things, did a few arcade runs.

I absolutely love the visuals and audio. The game is dead simple to play but has a decent amount of depth and strategy it seems. Favourite character so far is Striker, just feels so good to play.

I forget is this F2P? Cause someone said it was 50 euro?

• brain
Reactions: EbonyRainbow
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I downloaded the PS5 version last night just to test load times and if my stick works.

Stick does indeed work, load times not really noticeably different from PS4 version.

One really dumb thing about PS5 though is that in the combo trials for PS4, the button icons are coloured like the standard button colours on the controller. So when you're looking at the combo instructions, it's fairly easy to see which ones are square, triangle, X, because they are appropriately coloured.

On the PS5 version though, they replaced these with just white circle icons with the button icon in the center not coloured. So they all look the same unless you are concentrating on the list.

Really really dumb imo to take the time to edit these button icons match the PS5 controller thus making reading them at a glance more difficult.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I downloaded the PS5 version last night just to test load times and if my stick works.

Stick does indeed work, load times not really noticeably different from PS4 version.

One really dumb thing about PS5 though is that in the combo trials for PS4, the button icons are coloured like the standard button colours on the controller. So when you're looking at the combo instructions, it's fairly easy to see which ones are square, triangle, X, because they are appropriately coloured.

On the PS5 version though, they replaced these with just white circle icons with the button icon in the center not coloured. So they all look the same unless you are concentrating on the list.

Really really dumb imo to take the time to edit these button icons match the PS5 controller thus making reading them at a glance more difficult.

Oh, what an odd decision... maybe it is patch-able?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: EbonyRainbow

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Oh, what an odd decision... maybe it is patch-able?

I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to fix but I wonder if many people will complain about it. It makes no sense to me though, it's very obvious that one is much easier to parse at a glance than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.