Do air purifiers make any sense?

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I never used any air purifier. My apartment gets dusty quite quickly.
Would air purifier help to reduce dust amount?
Maybe "improving air quality" would also help to fix my nose? Constantly, for years now my nose is either dry or fkd up in other ways.
I suspect this is all BS and not worth the slightest hassle... But I also was thinking similarly about irobot and since I got it 2 years ago I've not vacuumed manually and the damn thing is amazing and helped to reduce dust a bit too.

I am only thinking about this because I could use a corner table to put my keys on and Ikea best looking small table is air purifier lol :p
They also have standalone standing square and round models.

(link in english)

Reactions: laynelane

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I'm getting an air purifier soon. My place doesn't have good ventilation and I think it will help me and my pets. I have allergies to various things and one of my cats is having an issue with irritated eyes (leading to infection). Since you have a dry nose, a humidifier could be an option too. From experience, dry air can cause a lot of issues with nose, throat, and eyes. As well, many humidifiers have an air filter system included with them.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I got the little ugly grill... air purifier.
Lol once I put my pants on it, the thing got super loud for good 10 minutes... so I guess it's working.
Why do I have these stupid ideas lol.
And of course now I think white would be better

US1UJwE.jpg

Reactions: laynelane

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I was really considering getting one, so if anyone knows a good one or if they work at all, let me know!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think A/C already do that.
And I need my room cooled every day ❤️.

So here at least an Air Purifier is pointless... we don't have a lot of push in the market too... A/C is the main seller and marketing focus at retail.

BTW I don't think Air Purifier removes dust... ok... dust will be there yet everywhere... it just remove the dust particles from the ai that passed thought it at same time it make others dust particles in floor, furniture, etc to release to the air to... and the circle keep going.

It helps more with air batteries, virus and related.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I returned it. It did shit and a ton of noise

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If you own cats you 100% need an air purifier.

This is the particular type I would recommend.

ge aviation GIF by General Electric

Once at full power, place said cat in front of the Purifier, should fix your breathing problems in less than a second.(will create other issues in the process)

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I got the little ugly grill... air purifier.
Lol once I put my pants on it, the thing got super loud for good 10 minutes... so I guess it's working.
Why do I have these stupid ideas lol.
And of course now I think white would be better

US1UJwE.jpg
Do you have sasquatch fingers or what, look at the size of those light switch buttons.

Also, I don't believe that's a normal shot of your room, it's too neat, and look at the fruit bowl thing on the table, it's in front of the picture screen thing.

Show us your real room before you decided to impress us with your clean-up skills.

Nbc Garbage GIF by Superstore

• haha
Reactions: laynelane and rofif
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Do you have sasquatch fingers or what, look at the size of those light switch buttons.

Also, I don't believe that's a normal shot of your room, it's too neat, and look at the fruit bowl thing on the table, it's in front of the picture screen thing.

Show us your real room before you decided to impress us with your clean-up skills.

Nbc Garbage GIF by Superstore
That fruit bowl is cursed. Everything in it rots 3x faster! So I don't use it :p
That picture thingy is a weather station!
After 6 years living here, I plan to finally change the super ugly black ikea furniture and that terrible couch for something more modern and possibly white.
This couch and rug is my main choice now... I also plan to add a book case. in the corner so it's not this empty!
I really suck at this. I need to make the room brighter.

This was the project I did when I moved in in 2016 vs today
z5ODCew.png

I will start with the only good thing. The desk setup lol
SoYgmVV.jpeg

Couch is never this neat but this is the best pic I have lol
49ENzpE.jpeg

normal, not tempered with photo. Wide angle makes the room look bigger :p
It's normally a bit better than this.
OHLOuJg.jpeg

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That fruit bowl is cursed. Everything in it rots 3x faster! So I don't use it :p
After 6 years living here, I plan to finally change the super ugly black ikea furniture for something more modern and possibly white.
This couch and rug is my main choice now... I also plan to add a book case. in the corner so it's not this empty!

z5ODCew.png

I will start with only good thing. The desk setup lol
SoYgmVV.jpeg

49ENzpE.jpeg

OHLOuJg.jpeg
Looks really good to me, nice, and neat, and the Tifa screen just rocks, not sure about that little keyboard though, lol.

And that room needs a fish tank dammit, love the floors.

Like the little bonsai tree on the window, but the hand next to the ps5 is kinda creepy.

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The only time this fkd couch looked good was 5 years ago in a nice daylight :p
AVU0r91.jpg

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
After 6 years living here, I plan to finally change the super ugly black ikea furniture and that terrible couch for something more modern and possibly white.

z5ODCew.png

SoYgmVV.jpeg

49ENzpE.jpeg

OHLOuJg.jpeg

I must say that pizza pillow is kind of adorable.

Reactions: Sircaw and rofif

Big Boss

26 Jul 2022

z5ODCew.png

SoYgmVV.jpeg

49ENzpE.jpeg

OHLOuJg.jpeg
That's a real nice place and I'm not kidding. Only thing odd about it is the alignment of the TV to the sofa, but in general it looks great.

Cunth

6 Sep 2022
Of course they make sense. I've gone through about 3 because of my hyper sensitive allergies.