Do Graphics age? (When people say graphics age well).

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Here's an example: Donkey Kong Country was the most graphically advanced platformer at the time it was released and everyone praised its graphics. These days the characters and world look blurry and less attractive.

Yoshis Island on the other hand used pixel art and a stylized look that was attractive at release and looks just as appealing today.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PS1 FFVII graphics are offensive these days but I assume that at release people were impressed. Certain type of games and art styles just age much better.

Resident Evil Remake from 2002 aged extremely well and so did Half-Life 2 from 2004.

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
PS1 FFVII graphics are offensive these days but I assume that at release people were impressed. Certain type of games and art styles just age much better.

The steam version can be molded to upscale the backgrounds with AI.

It honestly look really amazing, the only thing I dislike is the orginal lego looking character models

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The steam version can be molded to upscale the backgrounds with AI.

It honestly look really amazing, the only thing I dislike is the orginal lego looking character models
High res FFVII is awful looking on PC unless you substitute the model, when you increase the resolution on the original model they look so bad.

I bought it on Steam a few years ago and it looked disgusting, way worse than it does on PS1 with on CRT TV. Old TV do wonders for this games, I need to buy one again.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Repulsive, I don't want mods and AI vandalizing old games.

Why don't you mod and repaint the Mona Lisa or rewrite the ninth symphony?
So you don't play remakes or remasters? This doesn't destroy the original it expands on it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So you don't play remakes or remasters? This doesn't destroy the original it expands on it.
Modded Half-Life with Nvidia branding, pass.

edit: I'm not going to lie tho, it looks pretty damn good... I hope it ends up begin tasteful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
High res FFVII is awful looking on PC unless you substitute the model, when you increase the resolution on the original model they look so bad.

I bought it on Steam a few years ago and it looked disgusting, way worse than it does on PS1 with on CRT TV. Old TV do wonders for this games, I need to buy one again.

Crt TV's really helped make old games look great, especially anything with pixel art or pre rendered backgrounds.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Resident Evil Remake from 2002 aged extremely well and so did Half-Life 2 from 2004.
No they aren't ...

And neither are the pixel graphics of 1-6 either.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Pretty much all if not most Ps1 games have aged badly and dont look good anymore. If you to play any of the older consoles on a 4k screen with everything blown up then it will just show how bad everything looks. Same thing applies to Ps2 but not to the same degree. I would say most ps3 games have aged quite well visually excluding the urine filters some games had. Ps4 games still look great and look like modern games.