Do you play only one game at a time or multiple?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I've always been the type to prefer one game at a time, especially if I want to really immerse myself in thr story and world. I never really understand why people play multiple games at the same time, especially if they have completely different controls or genres.

When I was a kid we could only afford one game at a time, often I would get Max 1 game every 6 months so I really had to make those games count.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
One game at a time to completion is how I normally play my games but if there's an open world game like Gotham Knights and a linear game like A Plague Tale Requiem, I'll play both. I played Requiem on the days I worked and would go through two chapters every work day while on my off days, I would play Gotham. I completed both games within two weeks after they released.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Box

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hmmm

Ill have one main title like Spiderman 2, Resident Evil 4, Elden Ring, MGS5 etc. Or even an old JRPG like Chrono Cross recently.

And then Ill always be playing quick games of like GT7, Stardew Valley, Destiny, Rocket League, Street Fighter 6. Maybe some indies or smaller story driven games.

If the main title is got me completely hooked then I wont touch anything else

Although I was jumping between FF16 and Baldurs Gate 3 but thats pretty rare. I only wanted to play Baldurs Gate 3 to test the combat but got drawn in and played it for 10 hours before I left for travels

• Surprised
Reactions: Box

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Season 13 No GIF by Ninja Warrior

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I've always been the type to prefer one game at a time, especially if I want to really immerse myself in thr story and world. I never really understand why people play multiple games at the same time, especially if they have completely different controls or genres.

When I was a kid we could only afford one game at a time, often I would get Max 1 game every 6 months so I really had to make those games count.

As a kid, me and my brother barely ever bought games. We mostly rented games at weekends. Until we could pirate games, or get cheap Sega Saturn games.

But earlier, Im pretty sure by the end of the Megadrive/Snes generation I had the same games I started with lol. Maybe 1-2 more.
Me and my friends would sometimes save up together and buy an N64 game, the local store had a 14 day return policy so alot of the time we would return it for something else. Only keep the goats like WWF No Mercy lol.

When friends were around we would always fall back on Streets of Rage, Guardian Heroes, Die Hard, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Golden Axe, Fatal Fury, Street Fighter after playing the game we rented or recently bought together etc

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Discounting my forever-game, only one at a time. I think juggling multiple games at a time is nuts. This is also why I won't ever bother with anything that relies on "doing your dailies", yeah, no thanks, fuck your chores.

26 Nov 2023
One game on console and usually something else on handheld for when the kids are hogging the TV.

I also remember those days when you had to make a game last 😂 It’s how I got into Final Fantasy, could also only generally get one game for loooooong stretches so one day my mum treated me to a game and I saw FF7 which had 3 discs. So my kid brain was like “3 discs = more game” lol Best decision of my life.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Usually, 1 on PlayStation, 1 on Switch, and 1 on PC. But I haven't touched my Switch in months 😂 because now I'm just waiting for Switch 2 to return to my library.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Mostly one. If you start to play other, you'll most probably won't finish the first one and after that could get snowball effect.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
2-3 at a time. However I usually have a main. For example, currently I am playing The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered as my main. But I also play GT7 on the side for a quick race or two as well as Forza Motorsport 8 for a quick race or two.

I never play more than one single player story campaign game at a time.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Depends. Sometimes I'll hop back and forth between games, but other times I'll put all of my focus into one game.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Usually one single player game at a time unless I think everything I got sucks and I’m struggling to stick with one… which is sorta where I’m at now since my backlog is samey beat em ups and walkie talkies that are tonally grim or horror. Sigh… unfortunate result of ps plus essential backlogging and its bargain bin.

The single player games are usually souls games but Elden Ring fucked up that flow for me by being open world. Resident Evil usually caters to this need of mine perfectly. Anything other than those two types of games let me down almost always.

2-3 at a time in general tho with the other games being comfort food online games either shooter, racer and/or fighter and stay in rotation indefinitely.

It’s easier to engage with online/service games for only just 30 mins a day if you want to. And that’s how I treat my work week with gaming. Weekends are the only time I can sit with a campaign when I can.

Last edited:

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
One single player at a time to focus on competing. Mutliplayer games galore whatever the group is playing at the time

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Destiny 2 most days
GT7
FF16 is my go to single player right now
When I finish FF16 it's back to my favorite mmo FF14
I still need to get back into Forbidden West which will end up being a 300 hour game for me when all said and done.