Do you think Phil Spencer will retire due to reputational damage?

flande

6 Feb 2024
With rumors of internal struggles and Xbox being forced to go multiplatform, do you think the backlash might cause Phil to retire or leave Microsoft?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It would be totally understandable to fire Phil Spencer, Aaron Greenberg, Sarah Bond, Matt Booty and the Xbox CFO to replace them with Alan Hartman and capable people from Activision Blizzard, Zenimax plus someone from a profitable and successful MS division.

And to do these things:
  • To discontinue MS made Xbox hardware, to make their own take on Steam Machines using Windows to have 3rd party "Xbox" home and portable shaped PCs
  • To go full multiplatform with all future MGS, Zenimax and ABK titles releasing in rival consoles
  • To port past Xbox console exclusive games with current sales potential to rival consoles
  • To stop putting MS (including Zenimax and ABK) titles day one in GP, now would be two years after release and not all of them
  • To stop putting big 3rd party game day one in GP (only some indies would be included day one)
  • GP price decrease
  • Open Xbox store in Android and iOS
  • To stop acquisitions until their gaming division posts profits for 2 full fiscal years in a row (all these movements would help them become profitable)
That would butthurt their fanboys (as happened with Sega) but would turn their gaming division into a profitable business, even if they'll have to recoup around $100B in acquisitions and a couple decades of loses generated by the division.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
He made bad decisions since become CEO but I thought he still had some internal power.

Maybe his last chance was tied to success of Gamepass that didn’t happen.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
These things need sources.

You could reframe the thread as speculation.

If you want, I can rewrite the title and edit the op a little to make it fit that criteria?

Reactions: Syndr0mePK