Do you think Sunset Overdrive will ever come to Playstation?

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Maybe insomniac outside of platformer is just one of those studios who are best at utilizing other people IP?

Reactions: EDMIX

EDMIX

They got done dirty? The only reason the game exists is because of Microsoft... They wanted to make it for PlayStation but Sony said they wanted Insomniac to sign over the IP in order for the game to be released which they refused.

yet what is the point if this publishing deal is claimed to stop them from doing something else with the IP in the future? lol Soooooooo its odd for some to say a publishing deal is stopping the game, oh but the IP Sony wanted was sooooooo bad they couldn't let them get a hold of that....

Oh now that Sony owns the IP, the publishing deal is now magically the thing that holds all the power that stopping future releases?

The irony.

I don't see any evidence that this game only exist based on MS, let me remind you Insomniac has published content themselves and even under EA. So if they refused to sell the IP as that is more valuable, keep that same fucking energy now that Sony owns the IP sir. You can't really have that shit both ways lol

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
They got done dirty? The only reason the game exists is because of Microsoft... They wanted to make it for PlayStation but Sony said they wanted Insomniac to sign over the IP in order for the game to be released which they refused.
And Sony wound up owning it anyways, go figure.

But Insomniac wound up in a position where, even though they owned the IP, they lost any and all control over the first entry, effectively locking them into a position of exclusivity or the IP becoming useless. It robbed them of the creative independence and control they said they were after in the first place.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
I think we will, they didn't reactivate that long dead Twitter account and copyright Sunset Apocalypse for nothing.

I enjoyed it on PC and would love to see it ported. So many great games are stuck on platforms they don't need to.

All those Shin Megami Tensei games stuck on DS and 3DS meanwhile Persona games are getting ANOTHER port.

Reactions: EDMIX

EDMIX

And Sony wound up owning it anyways, go figure.

But Insomniac wound up in a position where, even though they owned the IP, they lost any and all control over the first entry, effectively locking them into a position of exclusivity or the IP becoming useless. It robbed them of the creative independence and control they said they were after in the first place.

Agreed, thats why I call BS on that claim.

What would the point be if owing some publishing deal means nothing can release from it? Sooooo last I remember when EA bought the Mass Effect IP, MS publishing 1 mass effect game didn't fucking stop that purchase and have those games ported to what ever system EA wanted to fucking port them to.

If that was the case, owning the publishing would be the biggest cost of any of those deals, yet clearly it wasn't

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Agreed, thats why I call BS on that claim.

What would the point be if owing some publishing deal means nothing can release from it? Sooooo last I remember when EA bought the Mass Effect IP, MS publishing 1 mass effect game didn't fucking stop that purchase and have those games ported to what ever system EA wanted to fucking port them to.

If that was the case, owning the publishing would be the biggest cost of any of those deals, yet clearly it wasn't
Mass Effect was a timed publishing agreement, Sunset Overdrive is not. Think of Alan Wake in regards to SO. Microsoft owned the publishing rights in perpetuity, Remedy had to more or less buy those rights back to regain control of the first game.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
so many people told me IRL that they thought the game looked lame and the artsyle, and cover character look ugly as hell.

bad marketing, and a poor choice of console/ customerbase unfortunately. would have done well anywhere but xbox.

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo and EDMIX

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Gotta agree with BC here. Like they could potentially revive it and there are ways. But… why?

Art direction was kinda hideous. And when I still had an Xbox it was one of the first gamespass game I booted up for 5 secs… seemed lame… gamepassed.