Dragon Age: The Veilguard Presales Disappoint, Game Fails to Enter Steam Top 100

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Despite the all-promising trailers and previews, Dragon Age: The Veilguard from Bioware is having a hard time on Steam. Presales for the game, as of the time of publication, have been disappointing - the project failed to enter the top 100 best-sellers on Steam, taking 170th place. In addition, the list of most desired games Dragon Age: The Veilguard It only ranks 42nd, which is quite low for a game with such a legacy.

The Veilguard is on sale

One reason for the low sales may be the wariness of players. Many modern releases come out in a problematic state, making them unplayable at launch. As a result, fans may wait for reviews and feedback before they decide to buy. Even though Bioware spent over 200 hours testing the game on PC, it wasn’t enough to convince audiences to buy the game on release day.

It is noteworthy that the game will be single-player and without microtransactions, which is rare in games from Electronic Arts. Dragon Age: The Veilguard will be released on October 31, 2024 on PC, PS5, and XSX|S. Hopefully, the game will be able to attract more players after its release.

Source

• haha
Reactions: Zzero and Umar

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
They been doing a much better job of showing off the game in particular the combat and mechanics since that god awful Overwatch styled reveal trailer. And yes I do think alot of people are waiting on the reviews to decide their purchase of this game even though they too think that the latest previews have been better.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Game is over six weeks away. It will climb up as it gets closer to launch. Game looks awesome, RPG elements seems to be what it should be, combat looks like FFVIIR and the story and characters are sounding real good on paper. The Veilguard is the last game that im buying for 2024 but won't pre-order it until a few days before the game releases. Expecting a mid-80's rating and very much looking forward to playing it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The combat and areas looked decent to me;

The Characters looked ugly to me, and so did the colour palette, too much purple everywhere.

I remember them pausing on the issuing combat orders screen, I personally thought it looked a complete mess.

uyoung1989

3 Feb 2024
I don’t like the characters either. But all I see on Twitter is fans hyping them up with fan arts. Hope they buy the game and save BioWare.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It's selling below Farming Simulator 25, a niche game also on preorder that releases two weeks after Velguard.

Auch.

The anti woke mob has been at work since it was announced same sex relationships are allowed in the game.

This "anti woke mob" of yours is a really powerful bunch, if they can stop tens of millions of people from preordering a game.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
The only thing I gather from this game is just the general apathy around it.

Concord and Outlaws failed but at least they were turning heads and had people talk about them. And so does AC Shadows to some extent.

This game.. it's like the general audience already decided it's a bootleg Baldur's Gate 3 with fugly characters shrouded in that Fortnite purple.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The only thing I gather from this game is just the general apathy around it.

Concord and Outlaws failed but at least they were turning heads and had people talk about them. And so does AC Shadows to some extent.

This game.. it's like the general audience already decided it's a bootleg Baldur's Gate 3 with fugly characters shrouded in that Fortnite purple.
What I hate most about it is that they destroyed the polluted the beauty of medieval dragon fantasy with soulless modern audience characters. They are not taking it serious now. It feels like a parody.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The anti woke mob has been at work since it was announced same sex relationships are allowed in the game.

I think it has more to do with how the game was originally shows/Presented. Also the more action oriented combat might be a turn off when compared to tried and true dragon age.
Also the character designs for races specifically ones that are important to the lore/story are a down grade compared to previous entries.

Feels similar to what New dev's did to SAINTS ROW. They took the wacky almost cartoon/character's and went more GTA real with it and it just didn't work with what the player could do in the game.
I know it feels like some of these things are out of time like saints row the third having dildo bats, being able to pile drive a old lady in the street naked or whatever.

IT SHOWS these new developers wanted to make license their own. You can do that, but you also need to understand the audience in what they want and what made original so popular. Dragon age was MASS effect but fantasy.
Same thing is happening to Warhammer license in Live action right now.

The anti woke agenda are just people who are using these instances for ammo. But reality in consumer land is people who play western RPG/Fantasy's like Balder's gate 3 want a fantasy. They want something that is uncompromised in its art direction/gameplay.

And with there being so many indie western rpg titles that do that and maybe cut corners on budget, but the lore, world is interesting enough people will show with their wallets what they like and what they dont.