Dragon Age: The Veilguard Presales Disappoint, Game Fails to Enter Steam Top 100

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not sure I buy this report necessarily. PSN store data is pretty decent since the majority buys digital and it’s been tracking okay since pre-orders went live (those fluctuate day to day).

I still think Dragon Age will do well. We are quite a few years removed from the last game and I hate all the purple in promo art and honestly it doesn’t look like much of a step up from Inquisition at all.

Inquisition also sucked big time. I enjoyed both Andromeda and Anthem more since at least the combat was serviceable.

With that said… I’m still going to buy this day one and play it even if it’s likely to be a half assed and rushed pile of shit made by a what’s essentially a fan team but maybe, just maybe this newest version of EA’s BioWare can do something notable.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
The anti woke mob has been at work since it was announced same sex relationships are allowed in the game.

Talking Season 1 GIF by NEXT on FOX

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tbh I havent watched more than a few seconds. Ill need to test/demo the combat or see more of the combat.

Been awhile since I played a WRPG, I need one with decent combat and lots of side content, choices etc

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Ok hear me out, there's this WRPG from a Belgian indie studio called

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfHf00n-K29UJL0yUMLv6-MIsfGv1F7YuGprMdjVequP_n3St8

He meant action not cellphone gameplay. BD3 has the worst turn-based gameplay, and turn-based gameplay probably has special needs folks in mind. I hope the best for them but it just doesn't feel like a real game to me. Someone would need to pay me like $100/hour to endure such genre.

Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Not sure I buy this report necessarily. PSN store data is pretty decent since the majority buys digital and it’s been tracking okay since pre-orders went live (those fluctuate day to day).

It's not about buying the report or not.

The game comes out October 31st, for most triple A releases, it's not very often that a game will be within the Top 100 at this point in time. The game is coming out in 6 weeks. This is the same type of articles as "X lost 90% of Steam CCUs in Y time" when games of all kinds see this type of curve.

The game is #42 in wishlists and didn't have a great first impression, so it's been a very uphill battle to get people back on board, so I don't expect huge numbers but it should still be fine. I imagine that this would be the type of game to get a strong boost of undecided buyers if/when reviews drop and they're good/great.

Dragon Age is also probably weaker than most popular RPG franchises on Steam, I would think. The first game released on Steam back in the day, but both 2 and Inquisition released on Steam only in 2020, because they were EA store exclusives until then.

I still think Dragon Age will do well. We are quite a few years removed from the last game and I hate all the purple in promo art and honestly it doesn’t look like much of a step up from Inquisition at all.

Inquisition also sucked big time. I enjoyed both Andromeda and Anthem more since at least the combat was serviceable.

Somebody was a bit too ham on the purple for sure.
I get that since it's Veilguard, the purple represents the Veil but like... It sears the eyeballs hard.
Just imagine what's going to happen on a good HDR display 😂

I liked Inquisition quite a lot, but then again, combat hasn't really been my top priority when it comes to RPGs all that much.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He meant action not cellphone gameplay. BD3 has the worst turn-based gameplay, and turn-based gameplay probably has special needs folks in mind. I hope the best for them but it just doesn't feel like a real game to me. Someone would need to pay me like $100/hour to endure such genre.

I would've prefered a turn-based action combat, but the BG3 is an excellent game when you consider the whole package.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Yes that is what I meant, something with more action. Despite Tactical RPG’s being my favourite genre and loving BG3 :LOL:

I didnt get far in Baldurs Gate, but something with more towns, action combat. Bit more Dragon Agey, Witchery, Elders Scroll (with better combat lol)

Last edited: