Dragon Age: Veilguard is first Bioware game to feature full nudity

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
lace_and_varric.jpg

Source

Dragon Age: The Veilguard will feature nudity. That's something I learned firsthand while customizing my Rook within BioWare's Edmonton, Canada, office earlier this year during my cover story visit. We were customizing a feminine Rook, and while adjusting body options - read Game Informer’s in-depth feature about Veilguard’s character creator here for more details – our Rook's shirt disappeared to let us customize things like chest size.

And that's when Veilguard game director Corrine Busche smiled, likely knowing full well that nudity in the character creator means nudity elsewhere in the game, like in Veilguard's romances, something I know BioWare fans will be delighted to hear. "This is a mature RPG," she tells me.

I only see topless nudity in the character creator, and when I later ask BioWare if there is bottom nudity as well, I'm told that's something it wants to let fans discover for themselves in the game. Interesting answer, considering we're talking about genitalia here, but I don't push further. Though the game's leads wouldn't share too much about romance options in the game, I have a feeling nudity will play a part in some cutscenes and that's what BioWare is alluding to.

Nudity has been present in previous BioWare games, but it's almost always been implied. Characters are sometimes naked in romance scenes and elsewhere, but arms, legs, shadows, and pieces of scenery obscure characters' more… oogly bits. With some of those bits on full display in the character creator, I have a feeling Veilguard's romantic scenes will be the spiciest in the series' history. And the game's pretty visual design, running in EA's Frostbite engine, only adds to that.

Okay, I think I've hit the limit that I can write the word nudity on my work computer before it gets flagged by HR or something. You'll have to wait for the game's full release this fall to learn more about nudity, romance, and more.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Who's willing to bet they only did this so that players can customize their characters to have penises in female bodies and vaginas in male bodies?

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Says a lot about a 3 game series which has 1 good game and the latest instalment is video game garbage, leaving aside all the criticisms about story and gameplay in inquisition these fuckers didn't properly play test the damn game lol- all dragons die in less than a minute if you play the knight enchanter class.

Even in the dlc's the difficulty is a joke, we got a harvester in golems of amgarakk for origins that was tough even with endgame builds on hard and then we get the harkon the useless in inquisition

26 Nov 2023
Who's willing to bet they only did this so that players can customize their characters to have penises in female bodies and vaginas in male bodies?

Or maybe Nudity is normal and this game is trying to be more "mature". Didn't see this kinds of comments thrown at Baldur's Gate 3.

Reactions: voke

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Or maybe Nudity is normal and this game is trying to be more "mature". Didn't see this kinds of comments thrown at Baldur's Gate 3.

If "Nudity is normal" then why were all those videogame journalists so offended and made uncomfortable by Stellar Blade's skimpier outfits?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
There’s a difference between nudity, sex and sexualization.

I know that nudity, sex and sexualization are all different things.

But you suggested Bioware is putting genitals in the game because genitals are normal and they're trying to be more mature.

Well, if nudity is normal and mature, then so is sex and sexualization. Why are game journalists specifically okay with nudity (and also trans nudity) and not okay with sex and sexualization?

26 Nov 2023
I know that nudity, sex and sexualization are all different things.

But you suggested Bioware is putting genitals in the game because genitals are normal and they're trying to be more mature.

Well, if nudity is normal and mature, then so is sex and sexualization. Why are game journalists specifically okay with nudity (and also trans nudity) and not okay with sex and sexualization?

Dawg if you know nudity and sexualization are different then why are you asking this? These are two entirely different concepts. You can be naked without being sexualized. Nudity is just a natural state a human can be in. Sexualization comes at the cost of objectification, usually of women. Whether you have an issue with that doesn’t really matter, that’s the just problematic nature of it.

If DA ends up sexualizing characters then yeah, you can expect journos to be up in arms but right now all we’re talking about is nudity and there is nothing inherently wrong with nudity, when the context here is character creation and romances.

Also there’s no mention of “trans nudity” so why did you bring that up?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There’s a difference between nudity, sex and sexualization.
As if Dragon Age wasn't full of sexualization, the last game was very tasteless on that front, this will likelly be worse.

BG3 suffered from it as well, you are in camp trying to have a friendly conversation and this old jacked dude it constantly trying bed you and can't read the room, happens to other caracteres as well quite easily.

Even all the way back to the BG2 days the romance part was poorly handled. Bioware only got worse over time and I bet this next DA will be the worst of all.

• haha
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Look at the username of the person you're replying to, then look at their post history.

Enough of an answer you'll ever need 🤣
Ok look, I get it.

Your petty little miserable life is so insignificant that your mission in this forum became running after all my conversations of which you don’t take any part (you wouldn’t have anything interesting to say anyways), just to defame and spread shitty lies about me. I'm really that important to you, I get it.

I haven't given you the tiniest time of my life because honestly, your character is really not worth answering to. I confess I did leave like half a dozen reports but it looks like not even the mods give a shit about what you say.

But see, I just followed your own stupid advice and went to your post history. About half of the first page is posts like these, talking shit about me.
You just can't help it, can you? Man, that's just sad. You don't even know me. No girl (actual girl, 2d Rogue from x-men in your imagination doesn't count) is going to want to fuck you for stalking and trolling web forum users on the internet.

Leave the house, touch some grass, seek help. Web forums probably aren't for you. Have you tried roblox?

Also there’s no mention of “trans nudity” so why did you bring that up?
The answer to that can be found in the first post you quoted in this thread. I'm sure you'll get there.

BG3 suffered from it as well, you are in camp trying to have a friendly conversation and this old jacked dude it constantly trying bed you and can't read the room, happens to other caracteres as well quite easily.
Lol yeah, Halsin is a downright serial harasser.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Can you imagine if you can transform yourself into an animal in game.

images

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024

why was that the first thing that came to your mind? some people keep proving sigmund freud right i swear dude lol