Dragons Dogma 2: Itsuno states will release with an uncapped framerate! |UP| 3/5/24 IGN: runs at 30 FPS

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
All of Sony 1st party studios say "targeting 60fps" and the games are always locked 60fps

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
All of Sony 1st party studios say "targeting 60fps" and the games are always locked 60fps
I mean Jah it's their 1st party devs that do it so those games are baked alot longer then 3rd parties considering they only need to work for one platform that only makes sense. Except with this they're juggling between what 4 or 5 different hardware pieces? Either way I'd love to play this in performance rather then quality mode if the frame rate doesn't jump to badly.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
As long as it stays within the 50-60 range the majority of the time, that's cool with me. Unlocked frame rates are bad if they constantly and wildly fluctuate.

Reactions: Bryank75

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I mean Jah it's their 1st party devs that do it so those games are baked alot longer then 3rd parties considering they only need to work for one platform that only makes sense. Except with this they're juggling between what 4 or 5 different hardware pieces? Either way I'd love to play this in performance rather then quality mode if the frame rate doesn't jump to badly.
Yeah I know, but a lot of people are assuming this means poor and unstable performance. I'm just saying this could be a similar case of a studio saying "targeting" and it properly achieving it. Especially from Capcom who are usually pretty good with optimization. People shouldn't automatically assume the worst

Reactions: reziel

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
i will believe when i see it. we already seen reports about locked 30fps.
Yeah I know, but a lot of people are assuming this means poor and unstable performance. I'm just saying this could be a similar case of a studio saying "targeting" and it properly achieving it. Especially from Capcom who are usually pretty good with optimization. People shouldn't automatically assume the worst
Just as I thought, the game will pretty much be a locked 60fps

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Might be too late for it to catch Rise of the Ronin in preorders. PS5 exclusive new IP is about to outsell an established multiplatform franchise.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Dragons-Dogma-2-first-trailer-released.jpg

Dragon's Dogma 2 was running at 30 FPS on PlayStation 5, whomever this was uncapped

While the gameplay was amazing and I can’t wait to get back to play more, there was one concern I’ve seen the community curious about: the uncapped framerate on console. When looking at this it should be noted that I’m playing a version which Capcom clearly states is “still in development, and is not equivalent to the final product.” But in this build on PlayStation 5, Dragon’s Dogma 2 was averaging around 31 frames per second with dips during heavy moments of action while playing with the PS5 set to output at 4K. I did not get to test at lower base revolutions or VRR during my time to see if that had a positive impact on performance however, if I had one hope, it would be that Capcom added more options in the framerate department including, at minimum a capped 30 frames per second mode.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022