Dragon's Dogma 2 reportedly to target 30 FPS on Consoles. Also seems to have only one save file.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to "japanese source" Dragon's Dogma 2 will target 30 FPS on consoles.

The game is confirmed (by IGN Japan) to feature only 1 save slot, auto and manual share the same slot.

Also...

A new preview for Dragon's Dogma 2 reveals that it will only let players make one save at a time, just like the original. Not only will this lock you into one playthrough at once, but the save file will also be overwritten by autosaves, so you won't be able to make multiple backups in case you want to change your strategy.

This comes from IGN Japan's latest preview of Dragon's Dogma 2, shedding some more light on the sequel ahead of its launch on March 22. Unfortunately, this isn't as positive as other reveals have been, as developer Capcom is sticking to a feature from the first Dragon's Dogma that fans would have been hoping not to see again.

In the preview, translated into English via Google, it's noted that,

"There is only one save slot in this game, and auto saves and manual saves share that slot." It also highlights that the game is "quite tough by modern open-world standards".

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
If true, there are plenty of other games out around that time.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Game overall from what I've seen seems it may need couple patches before its up to par. So I may just hold off on buying it at launch unfortunately. But we'll see.

Ronin may just get my money first after all

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
According to "japanese source" Dragon's Dogma 2 will target 30 FPS on consoles.

The game is confirmed (by IGN Japan) to feature only 1 save slot, auto and manual share the same slot.

Also...

A new preview for Dragon's Dogma 2 reveals that it will only let players make one save at a time, just like the original. Not only will this lock you into one playthrough at once, but the save file will also be overwritten by autosaves, so you won't be able to make multiple backups in case you want to change your strategy.

This comes from IGN Japan's latest preview of Dragon's Dogma 2, shedding some more light on the sequel ahead of its launch on March 22. Unfortunately, this isn't as positive as other reveals have been, as developer Capcom is sticking to a feature from the first Dragon's Dogma that fans would have been hoping not to see again.

In the preview, translated into English via Google, it's noted that,

L! Looks like I’ll be getting this on the ps5 pro where there will probably be a 60fps or higher mode.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I was going to get it on PS5 but that one save file makes me worried it's going to be one of those super hard game and they don't want you to abuse anything 😔

Team Ninja is adding difficulty settings for Rise of Ninja. Leave the hard games to From.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I was going to get it on PS5 but that one save file makes me worried it's going to be one of those super hard game and they don't want you to abuse anything 😔

Team Ninja is adding difficulty settings for Rise of Ninja. Leave the hard games to From.
The original only had one slot as well and I wouldn't consider it super hard outside of a couple of early quests where you're expected to know to run away. I think its more dated than hard.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Wouldn't surprise me if Dragon's Dogma 2 is 30FPS as im expecting a lot of current generation games to be 30FPS only.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
God, hope this isn't true. It's using the Re Engine like all their other games. If it is 30fps that doesn't bode well for Monster Hunter Wild. And one save file is weird for a RPG type game where people are obviously going to have more than one playthrough to try out different classes.