Dragon's Dogma 2 reportedly to target 30 FPS on Consoles. Also seems to have only one save file.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Curious to see if this is true...

The status of Capcom really fell in my eyes after I read they were prioritising pc.

They will no longer be prioritized by me in turn.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Curious to see if this is true...

The status of Capcom really fell in my eyes after I read they were prioritising pc.

They will no longer be prioritized by me in turn.

I find it hard to believe PC is their primary source of revenue if that is the reason for prioritizing the platform.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
So who is even the source for this? Random man in Japan? And it could easily be a preview build they played that was running in resolution mode at 4K30fps.

Regardless why do many people seem to be taking this as fact?

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Brutal L for us
For whom? We are getting a pro and also they probably will drop a patch down the line that fixes this like with other games that launched at 30 Tchia, a plagues tale. If not Xbox with be stuck at 30 and real gamers on ps will have the 60 option on the pro.
With this news it’s looking more likely gra6 will be 30 which again is a huge W for ps because with the only console offering a 60 they are going to sell a ton of consoles and units of the game.

feiozzo

18 Jan 2024
For whom? We are getting a pro and also they probably will drop a patch down the line that fixes this like with other games that launched at 30 Tchia, a plagues tale. If not Xbox with be stuck at 30 and real gamers on ps will have the 60 option on the pro.
With this news it’s looking more likely gra6 will be 30 which again is a huge W for ps because with the only console offering a 60 they are going to sell a ton of consoles and units of the game.
for us console players. we'll have to buy another console to be able to play at 60 fps?

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
for us console players. we'll have to buy another console to be able to play at 60 fps?
That’s not an issue for me even if base ps5 offers 60 I’m still getting a pro. Buying a new ps console is something I look forward to especially if it makes my games look better. Ppl act like pcs are future proof. Graphics cards released the same year as the ps5 are already struggling in some instances. A ps5pro will outperform a card released in 2020 and to keep up pc gamers will have to upgrade. PS consoles remain the best price to performance ratio. Just look at the majority of ppl on pc gaming at 1080p just to get a locked 60.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: feiozzo

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I find it hard to believe PC is their primary source of revenue if that is the reason for prioritizing the platform.
If it was only 30% of revenue, wouldn't that be more than enough reason to prioritize it? Also this has been a gradual rampup by Capcom for like 10 years (debateably starting around 2014 with Street Fighter 4). I don't think they'd be working so hard to support PC/Steam if it wasn't paying off.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Bought a new CPU and motherboard to ensure can play this at 3440x1440 60fps. Needed to do it anyway since CPU was getting dated, and don't want to suffer a worse experience for a game I've been waiting over a decade for!!!

feiozzo

18 Jan 2024
Bought a new CPU and motherboard to ensure can play this at 3440x1440 60fps. Needed to do it anyway since CPU was getting dated, and don't want to suffer a worse experience for a game I've been waiting over a decade for!!!
what is your current setup?