Dualsense repair

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
You dont need to solder if it's just a cleaning, 99% of the time it's not a bad module it's some dirt or grime that got into the ring sensor

What if it isn’t just cleaning?

Then it is better getting a new controller.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sent my to Sony two weeks ago, one of the face buttons stopped working. Seems like they were ok repairing it even if it was a few days past the initial one year warranty, didn't have to pay for anything. They already sent it back but it hasn't arrived yet.

Had two hardware issues this gen, first time I ever had hardware issues on consoles.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
@Would_you_kindly

I don't like phone conversations, too (unless it's with family or friends).
Anyways, if you want to "gamble" check local, classified ADS (online) and see if there is anyone that can do repairs in your city. Back in the day, I didn't want to chance fixing it on my own, so I found a guy who fixed my PHAT PS3 (I know it's not a controller, but same difference).

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
@Would_you_kindly

I don't like phone conversations, too (unless it's with family or friends).
Anyways, if you want to "gamble" check local, classified ADS (online) and see if there is anyone that can do repairs in your city. Back in the day, I didn't want to chance fixing it on my own, so I found a guy who fixed my PHAT PS3 (I know it's not a controller, but same difference).
Funny thing is that the drift seems to have gone away not long after I posted the thread I'm sure it will be back tomorrow though when I'm playing ff16 & Clive will be turning left all the time

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Funny thing is that the drift seems to have gone away not long after I posted the thread I'm sure it will be back tomorrow though when I'm playing ff16 & Clive will be turning left all the time

Most likely dirty then.

Maybe reset the controller too and charge it fully.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Definitely not dirty I wash my hands like 20 times a day & I rest it already

Did you update it?

I have only had one issue ever with the Dualsense controllers and it was after updating.

Controller kept turning microphone on and off and wouldn’t work in game or in apps like Netflix.

Was fine in the Home Screen.

OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yeah they're both the latest firmware , funny thing is the other one that had stick drift I tried using instead of the one I'm using now & it was working fine until I updated it & suddenly it started drifting

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Have you managed to solve the issue? I have had stick drift on my Dualsense that came with the console, was under warranty so sent it to be repaired. Spilled water on that same controller, took it apart cleaned and dried what I could and ordered a Dualsense "foil" (whatever those transparent things that go in it on all the buttons are called) and fixed it. I would suggest checking out Tronicsfix on YT, hopefully it is just some dirt or bits that is stuck in the analog sticks, otherwise you would have to take off the old and soder on new ones, which I never did.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Also my other controller recently stopped working via bluetooth. It works fine if I set it to communicate via the cable, although I have to unplug and plug the cable back in each time I start or change to a different game, or wanna watch YT or Twitch for example. Very weird.

OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Have you managed to solve the issue? I have had stick drift on my Dualsense that came with the console, was under warranty so sent it to be repaired. Spilled water on that same controller, took it apart cleaned and dried what I could and ordered a Dualsense "foil" (whatever those transparent things that go in it on all the buttons are called) and fixed it. I would suggest checking out Tronicsfix on YT, hopefully it is just some dirt or bits that is stuck in the analog sticks, otherwise you would have to take off the old and soder on new ones, which I never did.
I didn't have a screw driver that fit of so I just took off the black plastic but & stuck something thin in the gap & moved it around , drift has gone for now lol

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio