Duel of the FGC Titans - SF6 VS Tekken 8

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
For the classic characters that are in Third Strike… Third Strike has the best art direction for the classic characters….

ken-funny.gif

My dream SF is always going to be the Sf2 cast in Third Strike with that art direction rendered in with modern 3d visuals.

Sigh…

I’m sure I’m gonna love SF6 but holy Moses all these new characters since SFV are trash. Horrible designs and all forgettable. SF4 did better with original characters.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
In SF6 the hands, feet and heads are a little smaller than in the previous ones (including SFIV and SFV), and muscles now flex. But other than that, they are pretty similar. This, combined with the fact that you're used to see folks that beefy in anime style but not in realistic style is why they seem beefier. Here you have SF6 vs sprites.

Some chars got beefed up in the SFA series (these ones not much) and remained like that until now. Big hands and feet are better for readability during quick movements.

image.png

image.png

I dunno, if its the art style but it just looks too cartoonishly big for me, especially the torso’s and the new guys forearms look stupid. Yeah the feet and hands were bigger before like I said but something looks off for me with SF since SF4. Out of SF4-5-6, SF5 probably the better one For me.

Maybe its just they look better in sprites and hand drawn because they look bad. Guile’s torso defo looks bigger than both SFA and SF2. Seems like they are on TRT, Guile defo is lol.

Even compared to Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter and Tekken, something looks off too me With SF.

I just don’t like it. Would of preferred a KOF13 art style or Arc style for SF.
Ill still buy day 1 because its my favourite fighter, but not impressed with art style.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
For the classic characters that are in Third Strike… Third Strike has the best art direction for the classic characters….

ken-funny.gif

My dream SF is always going to be the Sf2 cast in Third Strike with that art direction rendered in with modern 3d visuals.

Sigh…

I’m sure I’m gonna love SF6 but holy Moses all these new characters since SFV are trash. Horrible designs and all forgettable. SF4 did better with original characters.
Yeah that would be sweet. Mine would be either 3rd Strike or KOF13 art style. Or a new Alpha anime look.

With the Alpha 3 cast lol ( basically all of them lol ) add in some rare decent characters from SF3-5 like Dudley, Juri, Yang, Yun, Able, C Viper, etc. The SF3 cast and others have grown on me.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yeah that would be sweet. Mine would be either 3rd Strike or KOF13 art style. Or a new Alpha anime look.

With the Alpha 3 cast lol ( basically all of them lol ) add in some rare decent characters from SF3-5 like Dudley, Juri, Yang, Yun, Able, C Viper, etc. The SF3 cast and others have grown on me.

Yea I like the SF3 originals mostly aside from the twins and Sean. I feel like they started losing a grip on characters midway into sfv’s lifecycle.

SF4 was stronger with new characters than V that’s for sure. Abel was great. C viper was also fun to play as. Hakkan was the oily Turk right? That was hilarious.

I was pretty much done with SFV when they released that giant character that was like the sentinels in an Mvc game. Figured they lost the plot at that point.

Cant wait to only play as Ken, Bison and Guile for another 20 years. Day one.

Reactions: Kokoloko