Dusk Golem: Capcom announcing a major title at the end of the year, Resident Evil 9 coming in 2025

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
Corp-Capcom-Banner.jpg

According to Dusk Golem, Capcom is planning a major announcement for the end of this year for a game that will be released Fall 2024.

Resident Evil 9 will be released in 2025 and potentially revealed next year.

He also knows Capcom's full Resident Evil slate, but many of the titles are far off.

F1XMXUQXwAAMW2j

F1XMZqoWAAAQKqY

F1XMdV6WAAAF-sE

F1XMfkkXwAAGfSc

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So who even is this guy?

edit: Looked him up, leaker with a pretty good track record. But man he comes off as a smug shithead, you'd have to pay me to follow his tweets.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Great, hopefully no more stumbles like ExoPrimal....

Getting back to what they're great at is wise.

Also shows why I am worried about Sony going so hard after live service games and almost ignoring what they are great at.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Great, hopefully no more stumbles like ExoPrimal....

Getting back to what they're great at is wise.

Also shows why I am worried about Sony going so hard after live service games and almost ignoring what they are great at.
It's like throwing turd at wall and wait for one to stick. Just one or two hit in long term, and they will probably pivot back to SP games.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So who even is this guy?

edit: Looked him up, leaker with a pretty good track record. But man he comes off as a smug shithead, you'd have to pay me to follow his tweets.
Smug shithead is correct. He also lied about Capcom struggling with the PS version of Resident Evil 8 because he thought too much bad news was coming out about Xbox and wanted to balance things.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Please stop giving attention to him. Obviously like any game publisher they'll announce games from time to time.

Regarding Resident Evil 9, it didn't appear in the leaked Capcom roadmap document. Capcom is busy with many other big games they had planned for 2022, 2023 and 2024 that got delayed due to covid. He's lying again.

Regarding RE Capcom for the next few years has planned other stuff, like RE4R PSVR2 and a few spinoffs.

Please be onimusha
In the Capcom roadmap -which btw debunked part of the Dusk Gollem lies about Street Fighter V and 6- appeared a new Onimusha, which maybe evolved into Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. The leaked roadmap was from early 2020 and many games often have many big changes during development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Does this person have a reliable track record?
No, I don't know why people listen to this clown. This is the same person that said the PS5 struggled to run RE8, and then admitted that he made it up because "PlayStation was winning the console wars" and he wanted to "balance things in Xbox's favor" 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Eventually he started piggybacking off of The Snitch, Jeff Grubb, and Billbill-kun and then passing it off as his own leaks

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Please stop giving attention to him. Obviously like any game publisher they'll announce games from time to time.

Regarding Resident Evil 9, it didn't appear in the leaked Capcom roadmap document. Capcom is busy with many other big games they had planned for 2022, 2023 and 2024 that got delayed due to covid. He's lying again.

Regarding RE Capcom for the next few years has planned other stuff, like RE4R PSVR2 and a few spinoffs.

In the Capcom roadmap -which btw debunked part of the Dusk Gollem lies about Street Fighter V and 6- appeared a new Onimusha, which maybe evolved into Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. The leaked roadmap was from early 2020 and many games often have many big changes during development.
Yes but isnt that his capcom leak always accurate

Dude seems to have insiders there

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes but isnt that his capcom leak always accurate

Dude seems to have insiders there
No, everything he said about Street Fighter V and Street Fighter 6 were proven to be lies.

He only got some Resident Evil Village things right, that's all. He also has been wrong many times, as I remember sharing some supposed screenshots of an upcoming RE game set in a some sort of 'Venice' that was fanart from a random Ukranian artist who never worked at Capcom or any company related to Capcom.

Does this person have a reliable track record?
No, and is lying because Capcom recently said that they aren't working in any RE remake (other than the already announced RE4 Remake PSVR2 version) and asked to their fans what they want to see remade next.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hope it's Monster Hunter World 2
Next year it's Monster Hunter's 20th anniversary, make sure they'll announce the Monster Hunter World successor during the celebrations.

I'm not sure but as I remember Capcom had it planned for 2024 (but before the covid, so may have been delayed a year or so).

Its internal codename was Monster Hunter 6 instead of World 2 (MHW was supposed to be MH5). So maybe instead of calling it World 2 they may call it MH6, who knows.

But yes, obviously it's coming. And well, I think they release the final DLC for Rise this month or so.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko and Box