Dusk Golem: Capcom announcing a major title at the end of the year, Resident Evil 9 coming in 2025

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Please stop giving attention to him. Obviously like any game publisher they'll announce games from time to time.

Regarding Resident Evil 9, it didn't appear in the leaked Capcom roadmap document. Capcom is busy with many other big games they had planned for 2022, 2023 and 2024 that got delayed due to covid. He's lying again.

Regarding RE Capcom for the next few years has planned other stuff, like RE4R PSVR2 and a few spinoffs.

In the Capcom roadmap -which btw debunked part of the Dusk Gollem lies about Street Fighter V and 6- appeared a new Onimusha, which maybe evolved into Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. The leaked roadmap was from early 2020 and many games often have many big changes during development.
I'm aware of that, but I still really like the original Onimusha trilogy + DoD, really wish they could make a comeback

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
What I want:

Re original trilogy released on modern platforms (I just care about PC but let's not be greedy) based on sourcenext PC ports.

Code Veronica X original released on steam

Code Veronica remake. Not suited for "modern audiences" a.k.a reset era seal of approval.

What we will get:

First person horror game named resident evil 9. Will have werewolves, Hellraiser, and not much to do with the franchise.

Bundled multiplayer game no one wants.

Resident evil 5 remake as gen Z nostalgia will be on the rise (best RE Everrr!!!)

Best case scenario we will get a first person or OTS remake of RE1 that will miss the mark.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm aware of that, but I still really like the original Onimusha trilogy + DoD, really wish they could make a comeback
I'd love to see another Onimusha following the vibes of the first ones too.

What I want:

Re original trilogy released on modern platforms (I just care about PC but let's not be greedy) based on sourcenext PC ports.

Code Veronica X original released on steam

Code Veronica remake. Not suited for "modern audiences" a.k.a reset era seal of approval.

What we will get:

First person horror game named resident evil 9. Will have werewolves, Hellraiser, and not much to do with the franchise.

Bundled multiplayer game no one wants.

Resident evil 5 remake as gen Z nostalgia will be on the rise (best RE Everrr!!!)

Best case scenario we will get a first person or OTS remake of RE1 that will miss the mark.
It would be cool to remake the RE Outbreak games into a single game heavily changing them, and also -without any important change- remake RE Code Veronica.

Regarding Resident Evil 9, I'd like it to be a return to the RE roots: set in a city maybe from Europe, with zombies as common enemies, a few mutant animals, focus on horror and puzzles with little action: small amount of bullets and having to take care of the inventory and resources. A half of the game could be played with Leon or Claire (with some variations) and the other half with Jill or Chris (again with some variations). Playable both in first or third person, PSVR2 compatible.

Last edited:

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Just say it's MH6 dusk LOL. Everyone and their mothers already knew it's MH6 based on producer hints, I don't know why this dusk guy always so quick to leak RE games years before it's announced but be like scaredy cat when it comes to MH and always be hesitant to leak new MH reveal, only leak it few days before it's announcement LOL.

Perrott

21 Jun 2022
In both the Capcom and Nvidia leaks from a few years ago, the next mainline Monster Hunter game appeared with a target release window of Q3 2023, which would have been right now.

It is obvious that their plans have changed, due to the Covid pandemic as well as the usual troubles of game development, but even then I could see Capcom trying to hit a 2024 release for "Monster Hunter 6" at this very moment.

Resident Evil "Apocalypse" (codename for the ninth numbered entry in the series) was aiming for Q4 2023, but now Dusk says its scheduled for 2025, so my bet would be Q1 2025 to be more precise. I also expect both Dragon's Dogma II and Pragmata to hit during the upcoming fiscal year.