Earlier today, Concord had 29 players on Steam. This means there were 2 matches happening and 9 people waiting in a line.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well Astro is soon to wash the bad taste of this off, Honestly at this point its getting boring to dunk on this mediocre game. That said there should be consequences, firings and a house cleaning should take place at firewalk because if the same people make another game I sure as shit won't buy it again
Perhaps the character design team, the professor and whomever in-charge of the marketing roll out should be let go, tbh 🤔

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
That is what doesn't make sense to me....

Let's take the Beta where crossplay was OFF by default.
PC has 2k CCU at peak and people complaining about 3-5 minutes waiting to get matchmaking.

PS5 has never that bad in matchmaking... neither in the Betar or today... so there is no way PS5 players total is just 5k.
In fact mos of the matches yesterday where below 40-50s... a lot of them where less than 20s on PS5 with cross play off.
PS5 experience is way better than peak of PC experience (that happened on Beta)... so it should be peaking way higher than 2k CCU on PS5.

So the math is not working.
Even if it was double or triple that, at 10,000-15,000 players on PS5, it still wouldn't be enough to sustain a game like this long term.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Even if it was double or triple that, at 10,000-15,000 players on PS5, it still wouldn't be enough to sustain a game like this long term.
That is fair point.

But people here keep saying PS5 players should not be higher than PC players when it is the exactly the opposite.
Few multiplatform games shows more players on PC than PS... Helldivers 2 is an exception and not the average.
The average is PS with 40+% while PC is 20-30%.
And in this case PS probably is way higher than PC like 90% of the userbase or more.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Interesting video on Concord. Probably makes sense why Sony didn’t market the game strong. They probably knew it would be DOA.

“Dring said from the sale data he saw the IGN 25k estimate is suprising close, it's a little more on PS5 and a little less on PC, but suprising close
It's done worse in Europe than in North america
He think sony is not surprise about it's doing this numbers
He think Sony didn't canceled Concord in early 2024 because it was already done and far along”

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Interesting video on Concord. Probably makes sense why Sony didn’t market the game strong. They probably knew it would be DOA.

“Dring said from the sale data he saw the IGN 25k estimate is suprising close, it's a little more on PS5 and a little less on PC, but suprising close
It's done worse in Europe than in North america
He think sony is not surprise about it's doing this numbers
He think Sony didn't canceled Concord in early 2024 because it was already done and far along”

It definitely flopped in Europe as I was playing with someone yesterday from Europe and I invited him to my squadz he was surprised how quickly I was finding games, as he says that's not the case for him when he's solo.

I also have read people in Oceania and Asia are struggling to find matches on their servers

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It definitely flopped in Europe as I was playing with someone yesterday from Europe and I invited him to my squadz he was surprised how quickly I was finding games, as he says that's not the case for him when he's solo.

I also have read people in Oceania and Asia are struggling to find matches on their servers

Reactions: Bryank75

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
That is fair point.

But people here keep saying PS5 players should not be higher than PC players when it is the exactly the opposite.
Few multiplatform games shows more players on PC than PS... Helldivers 2 is an exception and not the average.
The average is PS with 40+% while PC is 20-30%.
And in this case PS probably is way higher than PC like 90% of the userbase or more.
I'm quite sure there is a higher player count on PS5, but unless it's 100x the all time peak PC player count then it doesn't matter.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
T

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Also they arent gonna close the servers. As much as people keep parroting it. Someone was saying tax return… Its not gonna happen.

Can we do bets? A poll?

We all know you and a few more have a hate boner for this game.

Yass! YASSSS!

meg ryan love GIF by HULU

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Unless they are planning to refund the game, the servers won't shut down anytime soon. The best thing they could do is make the game Free to Play, then give the current owners of the game some free content that is a $39 value, that Free to Play gamers wouldn't get.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Unless they are planning to refund the game, the servers won't shut down anytime soon. The best thing they could do is make the game Free to Play, then give the current owners of the game some free content that is a $39 value, that Free to Play gamers wouldn't get.

Agreed.

The studio that made Destruction All stars got sold off. Their game changed to PS+ because it was received so bad. But the game server is still on. Its only not been playable since May this year because it had a bug and no team to update it lol

Reactions: KvallyX
OP
OP
T

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
The best thing they could do is make the game Free to Play, then give the current owners of the game some free content that is a $39 value, that Free to Play gamers wouldn't get.

IMO this is a terrible idea and they should just refund the people who bought the game if they're going F2P.