Edmond Tran: Do game developers still want to publish on Xbox? Anonymous interviews w/ Devs. Xbox is the lowest with less than 5% of sales.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Wow, took them almost a decade to figure out what was obvious from day 1.

It's like they have no idea who the people buying their games are. Green rats were all about exploiting Gamepass since the start to pay less for money even to the point of lowering their bar when it came to quality. They pretty much selected over the years the worst possible user base.

"Best deal in gaming" was never said while taking into account full price, not even close. Now that gamepass is absolutely trash not only will it not grow it will bleed users. Even if CoD helps hide this a little bit it won't work for long and will just end up dragging CoD down with it.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
IT WAS OBVIOUS!!!

Even before Gamepass was announced... any two bits of brain cells could have expected that 🤷‍♂️
It was too dumb people trying to say it increase sales lol

I will add more... we are saying for years already that Gamepass model lead to lower quality, less money invested in games and kills developers/publishers.
It is like a Cancer that will kill the game industry slowly.

When we reached a point there is no more high quality games being developed you will all continue to say "Gamepass"? lol
This

Reactions: Jim Ryan
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Xbox is the embodiment of that meme where the guy puts a stick in the spokes of his bike, causing him to crash, and then blames someone else. If you give people the opportunity to play whatever games they want for a set fee by accessing a service, especially when you're constantly pushing deals where said service can be had for $1 per month or whatever the price was, of course they're going to choose to play games on the service rather than buying them. I don't understand how/why they thought that was a good idea in the first place
The bots love that meme because queen Lulu tweeted it about it Sony 😂

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I guess their ideia was to waste money to grow Gamepass to most of gamers.
After being the sole player they could increase prices and change the rules 🤷‍♂️

But I strong believe Gamepass was created to kill competition.

Yes, of course. The plan was to bait Sony to follow and bleed them out financially to monopolize the market first. Once the monopoly is set, MS makes all the rules and controls every aspect of it.

I know Jim is not liked here, but he was keen to MS’ bullshit tactics.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Anyone else remember the massive amount of bans being handed out in 2020 and 2021 for even daring to mention this obvious outcome on gaf?
That was the mantra and you had to toe the line.

That's why I roll my eyes when people say GAF is better than ERA. They were just as bad. Sony fans were fleeing that place and when the sticky of death went up, the few remaining were getting banned left and right. Xbox, Game Pass and Phil had to be protected at all cost.

As the gen went on and Xbox was still terrible, they gave up on trying to control the narrative. I guess it was too hard to manage and the mods stopped banning the criticism. ERA never gave up on the mission 😒

Reactions: Shadow2027

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That was the mantra and you had to toe the line.

That's why I roll my eyes when people say GAF is better than ERA. They were just as bad. Sony fans were fleeing that place and when the sticky of death went up, the few remaining were getting banned left and right. Xbox, Game Pass and Phil had to be protected at all cost.

As the gen went on and Xbox was still terrible, they gave up on trying to control the narrative. I guess it was too hard to manage and the mods stopped banning the criticism. ERA never gave up on the mission 😒
I get the feeling that the gaf mods were true believers, but era are paid employees.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Biggest no brainer and not just 3rd party feeling the effect of low sales on Xbox but Xbox's very own 1st party studios are being subjected to the same fate. Big difference for Xbox 1st party studios is that their fate is going to end in closure. Tango and Arkane Austin are only the start.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Oh, don't worry folks!
The Xbot strippers, Doc Burford, Chris Grannell and Mike Rose will tell us how, without GamePass, their games would have never sold over 1 billion units - Xbox saves Indies!
Lmao Doc Burford. Haven't heard that name in a while. He fancied himself as the authority on videogame narratives, was very active on Reee, released a couple of stinkers in Adiós and Paratopic and is now stuck writing for Kotaku. None of his poorly-written trash made it to PlayStation. So sad.