‘Elden Ring: Shadow Of The Erdtree’ At ‘Mixed’ Reviews on Steam Because It’s Too Hard

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
ITS A GOD DAMN MASSACARE.

graveyard_orig.jpg

Attachments

• 1719075932306.jpeg
    1719075932306.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Or maybe the dlc is just medicore. That's what I read off these reviews

Btw, I downloaded Elden Ring PS5 edition, and It still has all glitches from 2 years ago for some fucking reason. Pop ins, fps stutters, the game looks like It already needs a bluepoint remake so how did they manage to screw It up so hard. Thet had TWO YEARS to fix this, and they just dont care.

Vergil

19 Jun 2024
PC players can use the Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree Trainer, i.e. to "cheat" in the game

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
At least they can cheat on PC 😭

I hope the backlash is so fierce From does something about it. I'm level 178 and I'm scared of starting the DLC 😭

OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
PC players can use the Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree Trainer, i.e. to "cheat" in the game

Some of them are already using this and still can't succeed. 😂

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FromSoft games are notoriously hard. The first Elden Ring had loads of very difficult zones and fights. But it appears Shadow of the Erdtree may have broken a significant amount of players, even longtime veterans.

Almost every negative review cites the difficulty, with players complaining their stats or level is not protecting them from getting 2-3 shot by early enemies. Some deem it not fun, others say it’s so bad they’re just quitting outright. Here’s a small sampling of loads of these reviews:

960x0.jpg

• “The gameplay makes the game hard to recommend - spastic bosses with jerky roll-catch movements and a plethora of physically nonsensical moves make the bosses in this DLC hard to put up with….As someone who beat all the Fromsoft games with gimped Lvl1 characters for fun (the base game included), I'll be calling quits on this one.”
  • “While the world design and colors are really beautiful and a lot of enemy designs too, there's a big problem with balancing, right now even with 60 vigor you get bishotted by nearly every enemy that's not pure fodder.”
  • “I really want to like this DLC but those enemies and boss fights are the worst parts of the whole game. I'm genuinely surprised whoever play tested this approved the golden hippo boss fight.”
  • “Was able to beat it but the bosses were so overtuned and aggressive that even being almost maxed out with the Scadutree fragments didn’t make it any easier.”
"I love running for 20 minutes in an open area with absolutely nothing to pick up random consumables that I'll never use against bosses that are insanely tedious to fight. Very miserable experience," said one unhappy Tarnished.

"Game is literally unplayable," added another. "I've been trying since launch to open the game and I can't no matter what I do. I see many others having the same issue and there are no solid fixes yet just random individual fixes for every different person.Yes I have tried EVERYTHING."

"Kinda just feels like they just put all of the assets from the base game in a blender and hit pulse a few times," opined another disappointed player. "It is still fun overcoming the challenges, but I was hoping for more innovation out of this DLC and it's certainly not worth $40."

Source

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not about difficulty in my case but time. It would be great if there's a way to start directly with q build ready for the DLC. I don't want to spend 50 hours just to play the DLC.

The witcher 3 had something where you could create a character ready for hearts of stone DLC.